|Born||Kaya Rose Humphrey
13 March 1992
|Partner(s)||Elliott Tittensor (2009–present)|
Scodelario was born in London. Her mother, Katia Scodelario, is Brazilian, and moved to England in 1990. Her father, Roger Humphrey, was English. Her parents divorced when she was a child and she was brought up by her mother, subsequently adopting her surname and becoming fluent in Portuguese. Scodelario was bullied during her early childhood and dealt with low self-esteem, which led to her passion for drama becoming an outlet.
With no prior acting experience, at the age of 14, Scodelario was cast in the 2007 first series of Skins as Effy Stonem. Upon Scodelario's arrival to the auditions she felt she was too young and became discouraged, a producer told her to stay and was asked to read for the part. While Scodelario's role had minimal speaking lines in the first series, her character developed considerably in the series during 2008, before she eventually became the central character in the 2009 and 2010 series after the cast had been replaced with a new generation of characters. This made Effy the only character to appear from series 1 right through to series 4 of Skins. Filming began in July and Scodelario revealed that 18 November 2009 had been her last day of filming the series and that she would miss being on the show.  Scodelario left after the fourth series, making way for the third generation of characters. Her performance was praised by critics, and she was nominated twice in the category for Best Actress at the TV Quick Awards in 2009 and 2010. Scodelario reprised her role as Effy in one of the three parts of the seventh (and final) series of Skins, which is called "Fire", and is a two part rendition of her life as an adult, lasting two hours in total. She claims Fire is "more like a movie" and says she can currently relate, as both Scodelario and her character, Effy, are struggling to change from a teenager into an adult.
Other work 
Scodelario made her film debut in the science fiction-thriller film Moon, which premiered at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, receiving positive reviews. In her second film Shank, she plays a teenager called Tasha. The film was released on 26 March 2010. In addition, she appeared in the 2010 remake of the Clash of the Titans as Peshet.
Scodelario was previously signed with Models 1 and has modeled for various magazines, including Teen Vogue, Nylon, Instyle UK, Elle UK, Dazed & Confused, Vogue and i-D. She also appears in the music videos for "Stay Too Long", "She Said", "Love Goes Down", and "Writing's on the Wall" by British musician Plan B. She can also be seen in the music video for Old Isleworth by The Ruskins and Robbie Williams 2012 Single "Candy".
In April 2010, Scodelario confirmed her casting as Cathy in an adaptation of Wuthering Heights directed by Andrea Arnold. Principal photography started in September and concluded in November 2010. The film premiered at the Venice Film Festival in September 2011 to generally positive reviews, and Scodelario was even hailed as a "heart-wrenching revelation". Wuthering Heights also appeared at several other international film festivals, including the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival, London Film Festival, and the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. The film was released in the UK on 11 November.
2011 brought in more projects for Scodelario. She signed on to star in a British thriller, Twenty8k, as the character Sally Weaver. Filming lasted six weeks during April and May 2011. The film is expected to be released in October 2012. In late June, Scodelario announced that she has signed on to star in Now Is Good with Dakota Fanning. The film is based on Jenny Downham's novel, Before I Die, about a teenage girl with leukaemia who creates a list of things to do before she dies. She portrays Zoey, the protagonist's best friend. Production was shot in seven weeks in July and August. In late September, Scodelario filmed a television serial for BBC One, True Love, an improvised series comprising five stand-alone episodes, each covering a different love-related dilemma. She is cast in the third storyline as Karen, the love interest of her teacher, who is portrayed by Billie Piper. The episode aired on 19 June 2012.
In January 2012, Scodelario filmed her first American film, Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes, in Los Angeles. She stars as the title character, Emanuel, a troubled 17-year-old girl who babysits her new neighbour Linda's "baby," which is actually a very lifelike doll. A release date has not been made yet for the film. While visiting her boyfriend on the set of Spike Island in April, Scodelario filmed a cameo appearance for the film. She also participated in an advertising campaign for Korean jewellery brand J.Estina. Scodelario also appears in the music video for Candy, the lead single from Robbie Williams' ninth studio album. In 2013 she starred in the four-part Channel 4 drama series Southcliffe, which tells the story of a fictional English town devastated by a spate of shootings, exploring the tragedy through the eyes of a journalist and those close to the victims.
Scodelario signed on to her first film franchise, The Maze Runner, in April 2013. She will star as the lead female character, Teresa. The film is set to come out in September 2014. She is also set to star in the upcoming home-invasion thriller, Tiger House.
Furthermore, Scodelario is attached to Stay With Me, which will be directed by Tim Fywell and produced by Festival Film & TV. The film is based upon Lesley Glaister's novel, Now You See Me, and she will be portraying the role of Lamb. Production is scheduled to begin in February/March 2012. She is also attached to Invisible, which is written, directed, and produced by Robert Cavanah, who will also star in the feature. Scodelario will portray the role of Lola, a teenage runaway trying to escape her enforced prostitution. The film is based upon Si Wall's screenplay, Drinking Chocolate.
Scodelario revealed in an interview that she dated Skins co-star Jack O'Connell for about a year before splitting up in June 2009, though they remain good friends. She has been in a relationship with Elliott Tittensor since late 2009. Their relationship became more prominent when Scodelario supported Tittensor during a court case he was facing.
From 2008 until 2010, Scodelario lived alone in a flat in North London, stating that it is important for women to be "independent and strong". She was voted 13th in the UK edition of FHM's 100 World's Sexiest Women 2010. Scodelario suffers from dyslexia: "Watching an interesting doc on BBC Three about dyslexia, something that I have struggled with my whole life. It really affected my self-esteem." Her father died on 22 November 2010.
Film and television
|Skins||Effy Stonem||26 episodes|
|2010||Clash of the Titans||Peshet|
|2011||Wuthering Heights||Catherine Earnshaw|
|2012||True Love||Karen||2 episodes|
|2012||Now Is Good||Zoey|
|2013||The Truth About Emanuel||Emanuel|
|2013||Southcliffe||Anna||TV series; 4 episodes|
|2013||Walking Stories||Sara Campbell||Web series; 8 episodes|
|2014||The Maze Runner||Teresa||Post-Production|
|2009||"Stay Too Long"||Plan B|
|2010||"She Said"||Plan B|
|2010||"Old Isleworth"||The Ruskins|
|2010||"Love Goes Down"||Plan B|
|2011||"Writing's on the Wall"||Plan B|
- "Britain's Got Talent", The Sunday Times Magazine, 25 January 2009, page 5. http://www.imagebam.com/image/50aa3045509301/ (Scanned image) "Half Brazilian, fluent in Portuguese and stunningly attractive"
- "Twitter". Mobile.twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- TV and Radio. "Kaya Scodelario on life after 'Skins'". Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- Sunday Telegraph, Stella Magazine supplement, January 2010 Issue, page 23.
- LOVE (Magazine), The Naughty Little Sister, page 118.
- Instyle UK, June 2009, Interview by Danielle Hine
- "Kaya Scodelario Official Twitter". Twitter. 18 November 2012. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Awards and Nominations". Kaya Scodelario Web.
- [dead link]
- "Shank". Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- The Defamation of Strickland Banks on YouTube
- The Ruskins – Old Isleworth (OFFICIAL EXPLICIT VERSION)) on YouTube
- Robbie Williams – Candy ) on YouTube
- Reynolds, Simon (4 April 2010). "Scodelario is 'Wuthering Heights's Cathy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 4 April 2010.
- Lavallee, Eric (1 September 2010). "Tracking Shot September 2010: Yellow, Wuthering Heights, Super 8, Return, My Week With Marilyn, Drive and Contagion". IonCinema.
- Jagernauth, Kevin (22 November 2010). "Andrea Arnold Casts James Howson As Cinema’s First Black Heathcliff In ‘Wuthering Heights’". Indie Wire.
- "Venezia 68". La Biennale di Venezia. 28 July 2011.
- Lyttelton, Oliver (6 September 2011). "Venice ‘11 Review: ‘Wuthering Heights’ Is A Superb, Groundbreaking Adaptation Of The Classic Tale". IndieWire.
- "TIFF Festival '11 Special Presentations". Toronto International Film Festical. 16 August 2011.
- de Semlyen, Phil (7 September 2011). "London Film Festival Line-Up Announced". Empire.
- "2012 Sundance Film Festival Announces Films in Spotlight, Park City at Midnight, Next <=> and New Frontier". Sundance. 1 December 2011.
- Reynolds, Simon (3 August 2011). "'Wuthering Heights' date confirmed, first Heathcliff picture unveiled". Digital Spy.
- "Twenty8k". ScreenTerrier. 19 April 2011.
- "Jonas Armstrong Shooting ‘Twenty8k’". The Irish Film & Television Network. 27 April 2011.
- "Twenty8k Info". Kaya Scodelario Web. 6 July 2012.
- Scodelario, Kaya (24 June 2011). "Scodelario Announces "Now Is Good" Involvement". @kayascollywogs.
- Lyttelton, Oliver (17 May 2011). "Paddy Considine, Olivia Williams & Jeremy Irvine Join Dakota Fanning In ‘Now Is Good’". Indie Wire.
- "Rumours + Film Updates". Kaya Scodelario Web. 29 June 2011.
- "BBC Films Unveils Upcoming Slate at Cannes". News on News. 16 May 2011.
- Parker, Ol (19 August 2011). "Parker Tweets About Film Completion". @olparker1.
- "Kaya Returns To Television". Kaya Scodelario Web. 28 September 2011.
- "BBC One - True Love, Holly". Bbc.co.uk. 2012-06-19. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- Sneider, Jeff (5 January 2012). "4 thesps hook 'Fishes'". Variety.
- "Kaya Makes Cameo in "Spike Island"". Kaya Scodelario Web. 1 April 2012.
- "Kaya to Model for J. Estina". Kaya Scodelario Web. 27 April 2012.
- Gritt, Emma (11 September 2012). "Candy girls, car smashes and heavenly creatures: Robbie Williams wreaks havoc as a guardian angel in his new video". Daily Mail. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Jeffery, Morgan (28 September 2012). "'Skins' stars Joe Dempsie, Kaya Scodelario join new Channel 4 drama". Digital Spy.
- "Kaya Cast in "The Maze Runner"". Kaya Scodelario Web. 8 April 2013.
- "Tiger House". Kaya Scodelario Web. 9 May 2013.
- "Stay With Me Update". Kaya Scodelario Web. 21 May 2011.
- "Stay With Me Rescheduled". Kaya Scodelario Web. 29 August 2011.
- "Invisible: You Can't Escape Your Past...". R&R Film.
- "Kaya Scodelario | Sexy grumpster | Girls We Love". FHM.com. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- Company (magazine). Interview (Scanned image) Quote: "I got linked to Nicholas Hoult when he was in Skins. I was only 14 at the time and played his sister! Just for the record I've never been married to Nick Hoult. I did go out with Jack [who plays Cook] for a year and we were quite open about our relationship in the press."
- Heat Interview.(Scanned image)
- "Kaya Scodelario has been secretly dating Shameless star Elliott Tittensor". The Sun. 13 January 2010. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "Shameless star Elliott Tittensor attacked outside court". BBC News (BBC). 2 November 2010. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- InStyle UK, Urban Jungle page 112, July 2009.
- "FHM: 100 Sexiest Women". Sky. 29 April 2010.
- Scodelario, Kaya (11 November 2010). "Scodelario Tweets About Her Dyslexia". @kayascollywogs.
- Scodelario, Kaya (23 November 2010). "Scodelario Tweets About the Loss of her Father". @kayascollywogs.
- "darkhorizons.com". darkhorizons.com. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaya Scodelario.|