||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2012)|
|Birth name||Kayahan Açar|
|Born||March 29, 1949|
|Genres||Pop, Pop-Rock, Ethnic|
|Occupations||Musician, Guitarist, Songwriter, Singer, Producer, Poet|
|Labels||Raks Music, Umut Plak|
Kayahan (born March 29, 1949) (full name Kayahan Açar) He is one of the most famous and successful male Turkish pop singers of all time, and an accomplished composer, consistently ranking among the best-selling Turkish musicians of all time. He writes all of his own material and has released more than eight best-selling albums during a career spanning 30 years.
The songs which were written and composed by Kayahan and sung by Nilüfer are some of most well-known Turkish pop songs. Throughout his career, Kayahan sang only his songs and each album of his had a different theme.
Yemin Ettim, the very first album by Kayahan, was released in 1991.
In 1993, he released Sarı Şekerim which featured 10 songs all written by himself. Two years later, Kayahan followed up with Benim Penceremden. Two songs from that album ("Ben Anadolu Çocuğuyum" and "Allahım Neydi Günahım") were very popular and both covered by other singers later on.
In 1996, the songs "Emrin Olur", "Atın Beni Denizlere", and "Şampiyon" were the most prominent songs from the album Canımın Yaprakları.
He has gotten married three times. His fist marriage, to Nur Açar, lasted two decades. During this marriage, he fathered Beste Açar (1974), who would become runner-up for Miss Turkey in 1995. In 1990, he divorced and then married Lale Açar, with whom he stayed until 1996. He married İpek Tüter in 1999 and Tüter gave birth to his second child, Aslı Gönül.
LP as 45 Minutes
- 1975 - Bekle Gülüm - Ateş (Wait, My Rose - Fire!)
- 1978 - İstanbul Hatırası - Neden Olmasın (A Souvenir from Istanbul - Why Not?)
- 1988 - Benim Şarkılarım (My Songs)
- 1989 - Benim Şarkılarım 2 (Siyah Işıklar) (My Songs Vol. 2: Black Lights)
- 1991 - Yemin Ettim (I Swore)
- 1992 - Odalarda Işıksızım (Lightless in the Rooms)
- 1993 - Son Şarkılarım (My Last Songs)
- 1995 - Benim Penceremden (From My Window)
- 1996 - Canımın Yaprakları (Pages of My Life)
- 1998 - Emrin Olur (Your Call)
- 1999 - Beni Azad Et (Set Me Free)
- 2000 - Gönül Sayfam (My Soul's Page)
- 2003 - Ne Oldu Can (What Happened, My Life)
- 2004 - Kelebeğin Şansı (The Luck of the Butterfly)
- 2007 - Biriciğime (To My One and Only)
|Awards and achievements|
with "Bana Bana"
|Turkey in the Eurovision Song Contest
İzel, Reyhan Karaca & Can Uğurluer
with "İki Dakika"