Satbayev Kazakh National Technical University
|Satbayev Kazakh National Technical University (KazNTU)|
|Қ. И. Сәтбаев атындағы Қазақ ұлттық техникалық университеті
Казахский национальный технический университет имени К. И. Сатпаева
|Rector||Adilov Zheksenbek Makeevich|
Kazakh National Technical University (Kazakh: Қазақ Ұлттық Техникалық Университет, Qazaq Ulttıq Texnïkalıq Wnïversïtet, Russian: Казахский Национальный Технический Университет, Kazakhskiy Natsional'nîy Tekhnicheskiy Universitet) named after Kanysh Satpayev is a leading technical university in Kazakhstan (Almaty).
In the 1930s to solve the problems on elimination of technical and economic backwardness of the national economy has emerged an urgent necessity for the development of higher technical education in the country.
On October 20, 1933 by Resolution of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR "On personnel training for Kazakhstan" was established the Kazakh Mining and Metallurgical Institute (KazMMI) with two faculties: Mining and non-ferrous metals in a capital of Kazakhstan, Alma- Ata.
On September 19, 1934 has rang out the first bell of the first academic year at Kazakh Mining and Metallurgical Institute.
- 1934-1960 - Kazakh Mining and Metallurgical Institute (KazMMI);
- 1960-1994 - Kazakh Polytechnic Institute (KazPTI);
- From 1994 - Kazakh National Technical University (KazNTU).
Kazakh Polytechnic Institute named after V. I. Lenin was renamed into Kazakh National Technical University based on the Decree No.43 issued by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Kazakhstan on January 7, 1994, and in accordance with Order No.l issued by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan issued on February 2, 1994.
Based on the Decree No 1436 issued by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on September 22, 1999, Kazakh National Technical University was named after Kanysh Satpayev.
Based on the Decree No. 1879 issued by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on December 8, 1999, Kazakh National Technical University named after Kanysh Satpayev was transformed into republican national budget-supported enterprise.
Based on the Decree No.892 issued by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on June 29, 2001, Kazakh National Technical University named after Kanysh Satpayev was renamed into Satbayev Kazakh National Technical University.
Based on the Decree No. 149 issued by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on February 11, 2003, republican national budget-supported enterprise "Satbayev Kazakh National Technical University" was reorganized into republican enterprise on the basis of economic control rights "Satbayev Kazakh National Technical University" under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Institute of geology and oil gas business after K.Turysov
- Mining and smelting institute after O.Baikonurov
- Institute of information and telecommunication technologies
- Institute of Industrial Engineering after A.Burkitbayev
- Architecture and building institute after T.Basenov
- Institute of Economics and Business
- Institute of Hi-Tech and Sustainable Development
- Institute of Base Education after Akzhan Mashani
- Military Science Institute
- International Postgraduate Institute “Excellence Polytech”
- Institute of Distance Education
At the Kazakh Technical University after K. I. Satpaev the educational activity is delivered by 7 Profile Institutes, International Institute of Postgraduate Education “Excellence polytech ”, Institute for Distance leraning, College.
University delivers training of:
- 28 bachelors educational programs of the technical sphere and 18 educational programs of untechnical sphere
- 50 Masters educational programs
- 24 PhD educational programs
- on the base of College 18 bachelors short educational programs
- 5 International educational programs of Cyprus University
- 46 educational programs on the base of the second higher education
Scientific library has a fund more than 2 million copies, of which in Kazakh 504,919 copies, in other languages 44,432 thousand copies, which every year updated with new editions. Readers of the Scientific library are more than 15 thousand people, it is not only students but also the faculty, researchers, educational support personnel, and other categories of staff of the University.
All the activities of the Scientific Library is aimed at providing literature of the learning process, research, and cultural needs of its readers.
Scientific Library represents 8 subscriptions and 10 reading rooms. Number of seats in the halls are 1650. Scientific Library annually registers more than 600,000 visits, delivers up to 1 million books, magazines and newspapers. Subscribed more than 500 names of Kazakh and Russian periodicals.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Satbayev Kazakh National Technical University.|
- http://www.arhb.org - student's site about architecture.