Location of Kazan, Ankara within Turkey.
|• Governor||Özlem Bozkurt Gevrek|
|• Mayor||Lokman Ertürk (AKP)|
|• District||407.83 km2 (157.46 sq mi)|
|Elevation||890 m (2,920 ft)|
|• District density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Kazan is a town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, standing on the plain of Akıncı to the north west of the city of Ankara. According to 2010 census, population of the district is 39,537 of which 37,718 live in the town of Kazan.  The district covers an area of 408 km2 (158 sq mi), and the average elevation is 890 m (2,920 ft).
Archaeological research reveals the plain has a long past, going back to prehistoric times, and findings during the excavation of the Bitik Höyük mound date back to the copper age.
Today the area is a popular weekend retreat for the people of Ankara, and Kazan is a busy small town, likely to grow as the city draws closer. Industry includes a brewery and a cement factory.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-05-03.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Kazan, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- Kenthaber.com. "General information on Kazan, Ankara" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish) / (English) / (Russian)
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|