He has held major conducting positions with the Warsaw Philharmonic and the Southwest German Radio Symphony Orchestra. His operatic guest conducting engagements included the first performance in Russian of Tchaikovsky's The Queen of Spades at the Metropolitan Opera (Met) in the 1972-1973 season, and both Aida at the Met and Eugene Onegin at the Royal Opera House, London in 1976. His recordings include the first stereo version of Don Quichotte by Jules Massenet, with Nicolai Ghiaurov in the title role, Gabriel Bacquier as Sancho Panza, and Régine Crespin as Dulcinée.
- Stevens, Denis, "Reports" (New York) (March 1973). The Musical Times, 114 (1561): pp. 293-295.
- Smith, Patrick J., "Reports" (New York) (1976). The Musical Times, 117 (1606): p. 1023.
- Evidon, Richard, "Music in London" (June 1976). The Musical Times, 117 (1600): pp. 503-505, 507-509.
- MacDonald, Hugh, "Record Reviews" (Werther, Cendrillon, Don Quichotte) (August 1980). The Musical Times, 121 (1650): 504-505.
- Kazimierz Kord page at Polish culture site accessed 10 January 2014.
|Music Director, Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra
|Principal Conductor, Southwest German Radio Symphony Orchestra