June 8, 1945 |
Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Kazuo Hara (原一男 Hara Kazuo?) is a Japanese documentary film director. He won the award for Best Director at the 12th Hochi Film Award and at the 9th Yokohama Film Festival for The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On. That film also earned him the Directors Guild of Japan New Directors Award.
- Goodbye CP (1972)
- Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974 (1974)
- The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On (1987)
- A Dedicated Life (1994)
- Hara, Kazuo (2009). Camera Obtrusa: The Action Documentaries of Hara Kazuo. New York: Kaya Press. ISBN 978-1-885030-44-3.
- "報知映画賞ヒストリー" (in Japanese). Cinema Hochi. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "第９回ヨコハマ映画祭 １９８７年日本映画個人賞" (in Japanese). Yokohama Film Festival. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Nihon Eiga Kantoku Kyōkai Shinjinshō" (in Japanese). Directors Guild of Japan. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- "Filming at the Margins: The Documentaries of Hara Kazuo". Iris: A Journal of Theory on Image and Sound no. 16 (Spring 1993), with Kenneth Ruoff, 115-126. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
|This article about a Japanese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|