A small museum in the Keauhou shopping center
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|Time zone||Hawaii-Aleutian (HAST) (UTC-10)|
|• Summer (DST)||HADT (UTC-9)|
|GNIS feature ID||361017|
Keauhou (also spelled Keauhoa or Keauhua) is an unincorporated community on the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States. Its elevation is 13 feet (4 m). Because the community has borne multiple names, the Board on Geographic Names officially designated it "Keauhou" in 1914. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 96739. The post office is a contract station only; people who live in the community use the zip code of 96740 or 96725.
Historic areas near Keauhou include Keauhou Bay, where Kamehameha III was born, Kahaluu Bay directly North, and Ahu A Umi Heiau in the uplands. The Keauhou Holua Slide is a National Historic Landmark. The post office and a small museum are located in the Keauhou Shopping Center.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Keauhou, Hawaii, Geographic Names Information System, 1981-02-06. Accessed 2008-04-08.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Keauhou Post Office information on USPS official web site
- Zip Code maps
- Tax Map of parcel 7-7-8:01 at Hawaii County web site
- Paul J. F. Schumacher (June 28, 1962). "Keauhou Holua Slide nomination form". National Historic Landmark Program. National Park Service. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Keauhou Shopping Center web site
|This Hawaiʻi state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|