No. 52 Washington Redskins
|Date of birth:July 7, 1989|
|Place of birth: Omaha, Nebraska|
|High school: Plano (TX) East|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 119|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Washington Redskins|
|Roster status: Reserve/Injured|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 11, 2013
Keenan Robinson (born July 7, 1989) is an American football linebacker for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was selected in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Redskins. He played college football for the University of Texas.
Born in Omaha, Nebraska, Robinson attended Plano East Senior High School in Plano, Texas, where he played linebacker and defensive end, recording 273 career tackles with nine tackles for loss, five sacks, five forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries, six PBU, an INT and a blocked punt. He was named an All-American by USA Today and Parade in 2006. Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Robinson was listed as the No. 4 outside linebacker prospect in the class of 2007.
Robinson redshirted his initial year at Texas and spent the 2008 season mostly on special teams. As a sophomore, he started 14 games at outside linebacker and earned an honorable mention All-Big 12 selection.
2012 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||242 lb||33 in||9¾ in||4.79 s||35½ in||10 ft 0 in||27 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Robinson was drafted in the fourth round of 2012 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. Defensive coordinator, Jim Haslett, announced that Robinson will switch from the outside linebacker position to inside linebacker. On May 17, 2012, he officially signed with the Redskins to a four-year contract. He suffered a tear in his right pectoral muscle in the Week 12 win against the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving. On November 26, 2012, Robinson was placed on injured reserve. Serving as a back-up to Perry Riley and on special teams, he recorded a total of 11 tackles.
On July 26, 2013, it was announced Robinson tore his left pectoral muscle the first day of training camp for the 2013 season and expected to be inactive for three to five months. He was placed on officially placed on injured reserve for the second time in a row on August 26.
- "Keenan Robinson Recruiting Profile". Scout.com.
- "2012 NFL Draft Pick List and Results - Round 4". April 28, 2012.
- "Outside linebackers 2007". Rivals.com. January 25, 2007.
- NFL Combine Profile
- Fitzgerald, Gary (April 28, 2012). "Redskins Draft Cousins, Robinson In Fourth". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- Jones, Mike (April 28, 2012). "Redskins take ILB Keenan Robinson in fourth round". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- Jones, Mike (May 17, 2012). "Redskins sign fourth-round pick, ILB Keenan Robinson". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 26, 2012). "Redskins Linebacker Health In Question". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 26, 2012). "Redskins Sign Muckelroy, Robinson To IR". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- Zimmet, Daniel (October 25, 2012). "Robinson Learning From Top Role Model". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Jones, Mike (July 26, 2013). "Keenan Robinson out three to five months with torn pectoral muscle". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- Tinsman, Brian (August 26, 2013). "Redskins Trim Roster Ahead Of Cuts". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-08-26.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Washington Redskins bio
- Texas Longhorns bio
|This biographical article relating to an American football linebacker born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|