Keep It Together (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Keep It Together|
|Studio album by Guster|
|Released||24 June 2003|
|Producer||Roger Moutenot and Ron Aniello|
|Rolling Stone||link[dead link]|
Keep It Together is an album by the band Guster, released in June 2003. The album was recorded from 2001 to 2003 in Bearsville, New York, New York City, Burbank, California, and Shokan, New York. This is the first album by Guster with Brian Rosenworcel on kit drums instead of hand percussion. Keep It Together went through several working titles, including Bitch Magic, Olympia Dukakis and Come Downstairs & Say Hello.
Joe Pisapia contributed guest vocals on "Jesus on the Radio". Just months after the release of the album, he became the new member of the band.
A UK re-release included two bonus tracks, "Say That To My Face" and "Starless Heaven".
All music composed by Guster, except where noted.
|3.||"Amsterdam"||Guster, Tony Goddess, Ron Aniello||Brian Rosenworcel||3:37|
|7.||"Jesus on the Radio"||Ryan Miller, Joe Pisapia||Miller, Joe Pisapia||2:17|
|8.||"Keep It Together"||Guster, Aniello||Rosenworcel||3:43|
|9.||"Come Downstairs and Say Hello"||Miller||5:16|
|10.||"Red Oyster Cult"||Rosenworcel||3:27|
|11.||"Long Way Down"||Miller||4:34|
|12.||"I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today"||Guster, Ben Kweller||Miller, Ben Kweller||3:22|
|14.||"Two at a Time" (hidden track)||Miller||4:57|
When the band plays "Jesus on the Radio" live, they often play it "unplugged", without any instruments or microphones plugged in.
"I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today" can be heard in the film Wedding Crashers, when John and Jeremy "break up".
- Ryan Miller - vocals, bass guitar, guitar, keyboards, mellotron
- Adam Gardner - vocals, guitar, banjo, piano
- Brian Rosenworcel - drums, percussion, bongos, keyboards, guitar, backing vocals
- Ron Aniello - guitar, Mellotron, banjo
- David Henry - cello
- Jim Hoke - brass, woodwind
- Ben Kweller - guitar, piano, vocals
- Jacob Lawson - violin
- Randy Leago - brass, woodwind
- Brandon Mason - trumpet
- Roger Moutenot - Jew's harp
- Joe Pisapia - banjo, vocals
- Neil Rosengarden - flugelhorn
"Backyard" guest musicians
Every guest musician on Keep It Together was forced to record a take on the song "Backyard". The rule was they could only record one take, and they must have no knowledge of the song before they began recording.
- Ron Aniello - additional instruments
- David Henry - upright bass
- Jim Hoke - harmonica
- Ben Kweller - "frightening double-necked string instrument"
- Jacob Lawson - additional instruments
- Randy Leago - additional instruments
- Brandon Mason - additional instruments
- Roger Moutenot - Moog synthesizer
- Joe Pisapia - banjo
- Neil Rosengarden - additional instruments
- Josh Rouse - backing vocals
Album - Billboard (North America)
|2003||The Billboard Top 200||35|
Singles - Billboard (North America)
|2003||"Careful"||Adult Top 40||30|
|"Amsterdam"||Adult Top 40||20|