Keep Me in Mind (Zac Brown Band song)
|"Keep Me in Mind"|
|Single by Zac Brown Band|
|from the album You Get What You Give|
|Released||August 22, 2011|
|Genre||Country, jam band|
Bigger Picture Music Group
|Zac Brown Band singles chronology|
"Keep Me in Mind" is the title of a song recorded by American country music group Zac Brown Band. It was released in August 2011 as the fourth single from the Zac Brown Band's second major-label album, 2010's You Get What You Give.
In the song, the narrator asks that another woman "keep [him] in mind" should she be unsatisfied with her lover. The song is in the key of F-sharp major, with the guitars in E-flat tuning. During the entire first verse, a two-measure guitar riff is repeated. The chorus follows the pattern B-F♯-B-F♯-D♯m-B-C♯-F♯ before the tempo slows on the bridge. During this part of the song, piano and a string section are heard, following the pattern D♯m-F♯-D♯m-B-F♯ twice before returning to the original tempo and repeating the chorus.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song four and a half stars out of five, calling it "fun" and "funky" while adding that the only negative thing that can be said is that it's "more jam band than straight-up country music." Marc Erickson of Roughstock also described the song "jam-band like" and "great sounding," giving it four stars out of five. Dan Milliken of Country Universe gave the song a B- grade, saying that the song "offers some cool musical changes to pad out its slight theme [but] the band moves through everything so smoothly that that padding also starts to seem slight." He goes on to say that "even when they transition into a Luther Vandross-R&B groove – audacious on paper – they do it with so little drama that you hardly notice it."
The music video, directed by Fenton Williams, premiered on CMT during their Big New Music Weekend on October 14, 2011. It was filmed during a live performance at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver, Colorado. It shows the group on their tour bus, in concert, and shots of the red rocks. It also uses a live version of the song.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||35|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||64|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||72|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||38|
"We Owned the Night"
by Lady Antebellum
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
December 24, 2011–January 14, 2012
"Let It Rain"
by David Nail featuring Sarah Buxton
- Dukes, Billy (August 31, 2011). "Zac Brown Band, ‘Keep Me in Mind’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- ""Keep Me in Mind" sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Erickson, Marc (October 3, 2011). "Single Review: Zac Brown Band - "Keep Me In Mind"". Roughstock. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Milliken, Dan (November 30, 2011). "Single Review: Zac Brown Band, "Keep Me in Mind"". Country Universe. Retrieved December 6, 2011.
- "CMT Big New Music Weekend Begins Friday". Country Music Television. October 11, 2011. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Morris, Edward (August 27, 2011). "Luke Bryan Holds Album Summit for Second Week". Country Music Television. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- "Zac Brown Band Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Zac Brown Band.
- "Zac Brown Band Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Zac Brown Band.
- "Zac Brown Band Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Zac Brown Band.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.