Keep Talking (TV series)
|Presented by||Monty Hall
|Country of origin||United States of America|
|No. of seasons||Two|
|No. of episodes||xx episodes|
|Location(s)||Studio 51 (CBS)
New York, New York
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||CBS Network
|Original run||July 15, 1958 –
May 3, 1960
Keep Talking was a primetime television game show broadcast in the United States from the summer of 1958 to the spring of 1960.
The show was a hosted panelist/game show produced by Wolf Productions and broadcast in the United States the summer of 1958, and in both the 1958-59 and the 1959-60 primetime television seasons, though on different days, times, and networks each season.
- 7:30-8 PM (EST) on Tuesdays from July 15, 1958 through October 1958, with Monty Hall as host
- 10–10:30 PM (EST) on Sundays (November 1958 through February 1959) with Carl Reiner as host
- 8–8:30 PM (EST) on Wednesdays (February 1959 through September 1959) with Carl Reiner as host.
During this CBS run, other celebrities, such as Vincent Price, filled in as host when needed. These shows were filmed in CBS Studio 51 in New York City.
The show moved to ABC for the 1959-60 season, filmed in the ABC Studios in California with Merv Griffin as host — the show was broadcast back on Tuesday again, but at a later time, 10:30-11 pm (EST). The last show was broadcast May 3, 1960.
Six celebrity panelists, divided into two teams, would try to guess a secret word given to one player on each team. These two players would then proceed to tell a story to their team involving that word, yet not using that word. Narration of the story would jump from team-mate to team-mate, often leaving the new narrator at a loss as to how to continue the story. Little attention was paid to scoring and points—the point was for the panelists to build their ad-lib story seamlessly and entertainingly.
Among the panelists who appeared during the run of the show were:
- Morey Amsterdam
- Paul Winchell
- Peggy Cass
- Pat Carroll
- Orson Bean
- Joey Bishop
- Danny Dayton
- Ilka Chase (CBS run only)
- Elaine May (CBS run only)
- Audrey Meadows (CBS run only)
- Brooks, Tim and March, Earl (2007) "The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows: 1946–Present", Random House, ISBN 0-345-45542-8, p.732
- "Keep Talking" from the Old TV Tickets website
- Marc, David "Comic Visions: Television Comedy and American Culture", (Routledge, 1989) page 90, ISBN 0-04-445284-5
- Keep Talking webpage on the IMDB website