Kefah Mokbel FRCS is the lead breast surgeon at the London Breast Institute of the Princess Grace Hospital, an honorary consultant breast surgeon at St George's Hospital, Professor of Breast Cancer Surgery at The Brunel Institute of Cancer Genetics and Pharmacogenomics (London, UK) and the founder and current president of Breast Cancer Hope; a UK-based charity "dedicated to improving the quantity and quality of life in women diagnosed with breast cancer". He is ranked among the top 25 breast cancer experts in the world and among the top 5 breast cancer experts in the UK.
He was named in Tatler magazine's Best Doctors Guide as one of the featured "Top Breast Surgeons" in 2006, 2007 and 2013. In November 2010 he was named in the Times magazine's list of Britain's Top Doctors. According to Expertscape, Mokbel is considered to be the top Breast Expert in London, England 
Personal details and education
Kefah Mokbel was born in 1965 in Syria. At the end of junior high school, he was awarded a national scholarship after he passed the Brevet des collèges diploma with the highest score (98%) in Syria (1980). In 1983 he was awarded a scholarship to study medicine in Great Britain having achieved 100% score (in all subjects) in the Baccalaureate examination for the first time in the history of Syria. Kefah Mokbel studied A levels in a boarding school in Shrewsbury (Concord College) and achieved 3 A grades and distinction in the special papers (1985). He graduated (MB,BS) from the University of London in 1990. Kefah was awarded several prestigious prizes during his undergraduate medical training and achieved the highest score in General Medicine (MB,BS finals) at The London Hospital Medical College. He qualified as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS, England) in 1994. He was granted the Master of Surgery degree in 2000 by The Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine for his research in the field of molecular biology of breast cancer.
In 2002, Mokbel was appointed an Honorary Professor at The Brunel Institute of Cancer Genetics and Pharmacogenomics at Brunel University in recognition of his contribution to breast cancer research. In 2005, he was appointed as a Reader in Breast Surgery at St. George’s University of London in recognition of his outstanding research contribution in the field of breast cancer.
Mokbel's clinical interests in the field of breast surgery include the early detection of breast cancer, breast ductoscopy, minimally-invasive breast surgery, sentinel node biopsy, skin-sparing mastectomy, breast reconstruction, cosmetic breast surgery, prevention of breast cancer, genetic predisposition, integrative oncology and the management of benign conditions including breast cysts, mastalgia and fibroadenomas. Mokbel has extensive experience in the field of reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery including augmentation mammoplasty (replacement of implants and correction of contracture), reduction mammoplasty and mastopexy Furthermore, Mokbel is a recognised expert and advisor in cases of clinical negligence in the field of breast surgery.
Kefah Mokbel's main research interest lies in the field of molecular biology and the clinical management of breast cancer. His prolific research output includes over 290 published papers in medical literature. According to Google Scholar Kefah Mokbel has 340 publications  which have been cited more than 4250 times with a H-index of 37 and an i10-index of 109. Furthermore,he was the first researcher in the world to link the SET domain containing protein 2 (SETD2) gene to human breast cancer. He has also written 14 books in various disciplines including surgery, oncology, breast cancer, and postgraduate medical education. Mokbel is a member of the editorial board of several international medical journals... and a peer reviewer for leading medical journals including The Lancet. Mokbel has supervised a significant number of higher postgraduate degrees in the field of breast cancer including PhD, MSc, MD and Master of Surgery degrees.
Press and media coverage
Kefah Mokbel has been also featured in many publications and interviews regarding breast cancer and surgery in the national and international media including: The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The BBC, ITV, NBC Washington, Hello Magazine, ABC News, The Daily Express, The Medical Daily,The Evening Standard., The Mirror. and British Sky Broadcasting. He also writes medical articles for totalhealth and is one of totalhealth's specialist consultants. In 2013, Kefah Mokbel featured on BBC world news regarding the news that actress Angelina Jolie had preventative double mastectomy after finding that she is a BRCA1 gene carrier
Kefah Mokbel is currently the Lead Surgeon at The London Breast Institute of The Princess Grace Hospital, an honorary Consultant Breast Surgeon at St George's Hospital, Professor of Breast Cancer Surgery (The Brunel Institute of Cancer Genetics and Pharmacogenomics), President of Breast Cancer Hope, and Chair of The Breast Tumour Board, Hospital Corporation of America.
- "Breast Cancer Hope". Breast Cancer Hope. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Breast Neoplasms: Planet Earth". ExpertMapper.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Breast Neoplasms: United Kingdom". ExpertMapper.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- http://www.tatler.com/guides/doctors-guide/2013/breast-disease/prof-kefah-mokbel. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- "Health4London". Health4London. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Private Breast Care in London | London Breast Institute: Professor Kefah Mokbel". London Breast Institute. 22 February 2011. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- USA (3 October 2011). ""Mokbel K" – PubMed – NCBI". Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Template:Cite web lurl=http://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?hl=en&user=L1-j7U8AAAAJ&pagesize=100&view op=list works
- Al Sarakbi, W (2009). "The mRNA expression of SETD2 in human breast cancer: correlation with clinico-pathological parameters". BMC Cancer 9 (1): 290. doi:10.1186/1471-2407-9-290. PMC 3087337. PMID 19698110.
- "World Journal of Surgical Procedures" (pdf). Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Journal of Clinical & Experimental Oncology". Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "International Journal of Surgical Oncology – An Open Access Journal". Hindawi.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "The Open Breast Cancer Journal". Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "CMRO Current Medical Research & Opinion Sample – C Volume 25 – V1". Content.yudu.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Global Library of Women's Medicine". Glowm.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- The Daily Telegraph (London) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/search/?queryText=kefah+mokbel&Search=Search
|url=missing title (help).
- Sarah Boseley (18 May 2005). "'It's the biggest health fear for women today' | Society". The Guardian (UK). Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Results for 'kefah mokbel'". Daily Mail (London).
- http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazine/1280. Missing or empty
- Brownstein, Joseph (17 November 2009). "Will Stem Cells Help Breast Cancer Survivors Regrow Breasts? – ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Express.co.uk – Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: NHS under fire on digital breast tests". Dailyexpress.co.uk. 10 October 2010. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Expert plastic surgeon offers free removal of PIP implants/Professor Kefah Mokbel, breast cancer specialist". Totalhealth.co.uk. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Breast surgeons in London: Professor Kefah Mokbel, breast cancer specialist". Privatehealth.co.uk. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Professor Kefah Mokbel – Hospital Consultants Guide – UK Medical Consultant Directory – Dr Foster". Drfosterhealth.co.uk. Retrieved 22 October 2011.