Keihan 13000 series
|Keihan 13000 series|
Set 13001 on the Uji Line, April 2012
|In service||14 April 2012|
|Manufacturer||Kawasaki Heavy Industries|
|Family name||City commuter|
|Replaced||Keihan 2600 series|
|Number built||20 vehicles (5 sets)|
|Number in service||20 vehicles (5 sets)|
|Formation||4 cars per trainset|
|Operator||Keihan Electric Railway|
|Line(s) served||Keihan Uji Line, Keihan Katano Line|
|Car body construction||Aluminium alloy|
|Car length||18,900 mm (62 ft 0 in) (end cars)
18,700 mm (61 ft 4 in) (intermediate cars)
|Width||2,792 mm (9 ft 1.9 in)|
|Doors||3 pairs per side|
|Maximum speed||110 km/h (70 mph)|
|Deceleration||4.0 km/h/s (service), 4.3 km/h/s (emergency)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead wire|
|Bogies||KW-77D (motored), FS577 (trailer)|
|Safety system(s)||Keihan ATS|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
The Keihan 13000 series (京阪13000系 Keihan 13000-kei?) is an electric multiple unit (EMU) commuter train type operated by the Keihan Electric Railway on the Keihan Uji Line and other lines in Kyoto, Japan, since April 2012. A total of five 4-car sets are on order, intended to replace 20 life-expired 2600 series vehicles.
The overall design concept draws on the design of the 3000 series EMU trains introduced from 2008.
The new trains include energy-saving and environmentally friendly features. The 13000 series trains will use 35% less power than the 2600 series they are intended to replace, and produce less environmental noise in service. The cars feature aluminium alloy bodies with a semi-double skin construction, and incorporate increased crash resistance.
The end cars are each equipped with one PT-4805-A scissors-type pantograph recycled from withdrawn rolling stock.
Internally, LCD passenger information screens are provided above doorways.
Longitudinal bench seating use contoured "bucket seats" with a width of 470 mm (19 in) per passenger.
Luggage racks are lowered by 20 mm to a height of 1,750 mm for accessibility, with the racks above priority seating lowered 50 mm to a height of 1,720 mm.
The interior flooring design is intended to evoke an image of Kyoto's traditional stone-paved streets.
The trains are formed as follows, with the Mc1/Mc3 cars at the Kyoto/Uji end.
- "Mc" cars are motored driving cars (with driving cabs).
- "T" cars are unpowered trailer cars.
- The Mc cars each have one PT-4805-A scissors-type pantograph.
- The Kyoto/Uji end Mc3 cars of even-numbered sets are fitted with gangway connections, enabling coupling to the Nakanoshima end Mc4 cars of odd-numbered sets.
The first set, 13001, was delivered from the Kawasaki Heavy Industries factory in Kobe to Keihan's Neyagawa Depot in March 2012. It entered service on 14 April 2012. The second set, 13002, entered revenue service on 30 May 2012.
- "新型車両１３０００系２０両を新造します。" [20 New 13000 Series Cars to be Built] (PDF). News Release (in Japanese). Japan: Keihan Electric Railway. 12 December 2011. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "宇治・伏見観光キャンペーン" [Uji & Fushimi Tourist Promotion] (PDF). News Release (in Japanese). Japan: Keihan Electric Railway. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "京阪電気鉄道13000系" [Keihan Electric Railway 13000 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (Japan: Kōyūsha Co., Ltd.) 52 (614): p.78–82. June 2012.
- Kameda, Sanae (12 December 2011). "京阪電鉄：来春から「１３０００系」２０両順次導入" [Keihan Electric Railway to introduce 20 13000 series cars from next spring]. Mainichi jp (in Japanese). Japan: The Mainichi Newspapers. Retrieved 13 December 2011.[dead link]
- "京阪13000系第2編成が営業運転を開始" [Second Keihan 13000 series set enters service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "京阪13000系第1編成の搬入が終了" [First Keihan 13000 series set delivered]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "京阪13000系，交野線で営業運転開始" [Keihan 13000 series enter service on Katano Line]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 10 June 2012. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keihan 13000 series.|
- Official website (Japanese)