||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
22 February 1972 |
London, England, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Goldsmiths College (University of London)|
He was previously UK Editor for ITN' s ITV News, where he covered stories including the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, the 7 July 2005 London bombings and the 2006 death of Russian Alexander Litvinenko. In 2003, he was nominated for a Royal Television Society Award.
Early life and education
Simmons joined ITN as a reporter for IRN in 1996, before becoming a sometime general reporter on its ITV News service in 1998. While remaining with the organization he intermittently worked for Sky News, 5 News and ITV London's London Tonight. On 30 September 2010, it was announced that he would be promoted from crime correspondent to UK editor.
On 27 August 2012, he left ITN to join NBC News as a London-based correspondent.
Simmons additionally writes for the Financial Times and works as a facilitator of live debates and events.
- List of people from London
- List of reporters for ITV News
- List of University of London people
- Lists of writers
- Staff (undated). LTW – Annual Programme Statement 2003 and Programme Review 2002 (PDF format). London Weekend Television (via Ofcom). Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Staff (30 September 2010). "Confirmed: ITV UK Editor Announced". TV Newsroom. Retrieved 10 September 2013.