||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2011)|
Keith Alldritt (10 December 1935- ) is a British novelist, biographer and critic. He was educated at Wolverhampton Grammar School and St Catharine's College, Cambridge. He lives in the West Midlands which are the setting for his novels. For some years he was a Professor of English and American Studies at the University of Illinois and then at the University of British Columbia, Canada. He has contributed articles on modern and contemporary art to various magazines and newspapers in Britain, Canada and the United States.
His novel The Good Pit Man was a New Fiction Society choice. For his biography David Jones-Writer and Artist he was elected to membership of the Welsh Academi. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
- The Making of George Orwell: An Essay in Literary History (1969) ISBN 0-7131-5456-X
- The Visual Imagination of D.H. Lawrence (1971) ISBN 0-7131-5582-5
- The Good Pit Man: A Novel (1976) LCCCN 765367
- The Lover Next Door (1977) ISBN 0-233-96880-6
- Elgar on the Journey to Hanley (1979) ISBN 0-233-97064-9
- Eliot's Four Quartets: Poetry as Chamber Music ISBN 0-7130-0161-5
- Modernism in the Second World War: The Later Poetry of Ezra Pound, T.S.Eliot, Basil Bunting and Hugh MacDiarmid (1989) ISBN 0-8204-0865-4
- Churchill the Writer: His Life as a Man of Letters (1992) ISBN 0-09-177085-8
- The Greatest of Friends: Franklin D.Roosvelt and Winston Churchill, 1941-1945 (1995) ISBN 0-7090-5266-9
- W.B.Yeats:The Man and the Milieu (1997) ISBN 0-7195-5354-7
- The Poet as Spy: The Life and Wild Times of Basil Bunting (1998) ISBN 1-85410-477-2
- David Jones:Writer and Artist (2003) ISBN 1-84119-379-8
- Voorhees, R.J. Justice to George Orwell in Collected Essays: Journalism and Letters of George Orwell. Eds. Sonia Orwell and Ian Angus. Purdue University 1970
- Workman, Gillian. Orwell Criticism 1972
- Muller, James W. in Finest Hour: Journal of the International Churchill Society No.77 1992
- Cooper, John Xeros. T.S. Eliot and the Ideology of Four Quartets Cambridge University Press 1995
- Rae, Patricia. Mr Charrington's Junk Shop: T.S. Eliot and Modernist poetics in 'Nineteen Eighty Four' Twentieth Century Literature 22 June 1997
- Kleinzahler, August. Blackfell's Scarlatti London Review of Books. Vol 21. No.2 21 June 1999, pages 30–31.
- Bryer, Jackson R. Sixteen Modern American Authors: A Survey of Research and Criticism since 1972 Durham:duke University Press. p. 194. ISBN 0-8223-1018-X
- Malcolm, Noel. Poet of the Ever-Present Past. The Telegraph 11 May 2003
- Morley, Christopher. Elgar and Wolverhampton Wanderers - an unlikely match Birmingham Post Life and Leisure(Sport) 2 September 2010
- Cambridge Pre-U Syllabus. Recommended Reading Post 1960 Poetry.