||Clinton, Mississippi, U.S.
||Steely Dan, Sting, The Blues Brothers Band, John Mayer, Leni Stern, David Johansen, Donald Fagen, Diana Ross, Harry Belafonte, Chris Botti, James Taylor, Wayne Krantz
Keith Carlock is an American drummer originally from Clinton, Mississippi. He currently resides in New York City, NY. He has recorded and/or toured with musicians that include Sting, John Mayer, Steely Dan, James Taylor, Donald Fagen, Walter Becker, Diana Ross, Faith Hill, The Blues Brothers Band, Leni Stern, David Johansen and the Harry Smiths, Richard Bona, Chris Botti, Wayne Krantz, Harry Belafonte, Oz Noy, Clay Aiken, Rascal Flatts, Paula Abdul, and Grover Washington, Jr.. Carlock was the exclusive drummer for every track on Steely Dan's Everything Must Go (Steely Dan has used multiple drummers on each of the last several albums they've released over the past three decades). While in the Jazz Studies program at the University of North Texas, Carlock studied with many teachers, including Ed Soph. Carlock is also the husband of pop/rock singer/songwriter Lynne Timmes. In October 2009 he released an instructional DVD called The Big Picture: Phrasing, Improvisation, Style, and Technique.
- ^ Ken Micallef, August 2005. "Mississippi Man, Steely Dan Fan". Modern Drummer Magazine, article excerpt:
- ^ Ken Micallef, August 2005. "Mississippi Man, Steely Dan Fan". Modern Drummer Magazine (from Carlock's own website)
- ^ allmusic performance credits
- ^ article "More Than Time For Sting", Modern Drummer Magazine, August 2005
- ^ Interview of Keith Carlock RegalTip
- ^ interview of Keith Carlock, Mike Dolbear July 2005
- ^ Drummerworld Bio
- ^ Bergamini, Joe (July 2, 2009) "In The Studio With Keith Carlock". Drum Magazine DVD article
- ^ Amazon.com editorial DVD review