- This article is about the English bass player. For the particle physicist, see Richard Keith Ellis.
Keith Ian Ellis (19 March 1946 – 12 December 1978), was an English bass player. He was born in Matlock, Derbyshire. He is known for his associations with The Koobas, The Misunderstood and Juicy Lucy. He was also a member of Van der Graaf Generator from 1968 to 1969. Ellis worked with Mike Patto and Ollie Halsall's band Boxer from 1975 until 1978.
He died in Darmstadt, Germany in 1978, whilst on tour with Iron Butterfly. The song "Not For Keith" on the album pH7 by Peter Hammill, (1979) was a tribute to Ellis.
- ^ Christopulos, J., and Smart, P.: "Van der Graaf Generator – The Book", page 23. Phil and Jim publishers, 2005.
- ^ "Keith Ellis". Vandergraafgenerator.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- ^ Christopulos, J., and Smart, P.: "Van der Graaf Generator – The Book", page 47. Phil and Jim publishers, 2005.
- ^ "Sofa Sound". Sofa Sound. Retrieved 2013-06-16.