||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)
Dr. Keith F. Otterbein is an Emeritus Professor of Anthropology at the University at Buffalo (SUNYAB), in the United States.
Dr. Otterbein is a past president of the Human Relations Area Files and has been a frequent contributor to cross-cultural research, primarily in warfare related topics.
Otterbein is the author of the recent book How War Began (2004), in which he explores the origins of warfare in human society.
- The Evolution of Zulu Warfare, 1964, Kansas Journal of Sociology.
- Internal War: A Cross-Cultural Study 1968 American Anthropologist.
- Higi Armed Combat 1978, Southwestern Journal of Anthropology.
- The Evolution of War: A Cross-Cultural Study 1970 HRAF Press, New Haven. (2nd Ed. 1985)
- Killing of Captured Enemies: A Cross-Cultural Study 2000 Current Anthropology.