||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Also known as||Helios, Goldmund, Mint Julep, Meadows|
|Occupations||Composer, writer, sound designer|
|Labels||Unseen, Merck, Type, Western Vinyl, Circle into Square|
|Associated acts||Mint Julep, Meadows, Hollie, Keith Kenniff, and Daniel Jorgensen|
Keith Kenniff is an American composer, multi-instrumentalist, and electronic music producer. He composes ambient/electronic music under the moniker Helios and post-classical piano music under Goldmund. He is also one-half of the indie band Mint Julep, and ambient project "Hollie & Keith Kenniff". Keith is also a composer for film, television, dance and performance art. In 2010 he began the record label Unseen. He may be best known for composing the song "Years" for the Facebook app "Lookback."
Kenniff graduated from Berklee College of Music in 2006 with a B.A. in percussion and composition. In 2004 'Unomia', Keith's first album under the moniker Helios, was released followed by the critically acclaimed album 'Eingya' in 2006. His third album 'Caesura' was released in 2008.
Keith also records and performs music for solo piano under the name Goldmund for which he has six releases on Unseen Music, Type Records and Western Vinyl, including the most recent album 'Famous Places'. Keith has toured and performed extensively throughout the US, Europe Japan and Canada.
Keith has an indie rock/shoegaze band with his wife under the name Mint Julep. In late 2010, they released an EP called "Adorn". The band followed-up with the release of their first full-length album, "Save Your Season", in 2011. The Kenniff's also have a children's music project, Meadows (inspired by the couple's young son), whose debut album, "The Littlest Star" was released in the summer of 2011.
- As Helios
- Unomia (2004)
- Eingya (2006)
- Ayres (2007)
- Caesura (2008)
- Unleft (2009)
- Live at The Triple Door (2010)
- Ayres (Instrumental version. Remastered. Digital only release.) (2010)
- Moiety (2012)
- Yume (forthcoming, 2014)
- As Goldmund
- Corduroy Road (2005)
- Two Point Discrimination (2007)
- The Malady of Elegance (2008)
- Live at The Triple Door (Digital only release.) (2010)
- Famous Places (2010)
- Corduroy Road (Remastered. Digital only release.) (2010)
- The Heart of High Places (Remastered with bonus track. Digital only release.) (2010)
- All Will Prosper (2011)
- With Meadows
- The Littlest Star (2011)
- With Mint Julep
- Songs About Snow (CD-R/digital 2008)
- Adorn (2010)
- Save Your Season (2011)
- With Hollie & Keith Kenniff
- A Deep and Dreamless Sleep (2011)
- As Keith Kenniff
- The Last Survivor: Original Soundtrack by Keith Kenniff (2010)
- Branches (2010)
- BBC Two country and outdoor programme Tracks (~1995)
- "Keith Kenniff – Years on Soundcloud". Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "Unomia – Helios : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved January 16, 2013.