Keith P. Sommer
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2015)|
|Keith P. Sommer|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 88th district
September 6, 1946 |
|Alma mater||University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts (Government)|
|Occupation||real estate broker|
Keith P. Sommer is a Republican member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 106th district since 1999. Following the legislative map changes effective in 2012, Sommer is now serving the Illinois 88th district. The 88th district includes the cities of Morton, Washington, and Bloomington. Sommer previously served as a Tazewell County Board member from 1994 to 1998, Tazewell County Recorder of Deeds from 1984 to 1988, and a Morton Village Board member from 1977 to 1986.
2012 Illinois House campaign
On March 20, 2012, Sommer won the Republican primary against opponent Steve Perry with 72% of the votes. Sommer was uncontested in the general election, and was re-elected on November 6, 2012.
- 2003 - Voted to end discrimination in the cost of college by allowing the children of immigrants to pay the same tuition rates as everyone else in their high school graduation classes.
- 2005 - Upheld our obligations to those who give their lives to public service by voting down a law that would force them to help pay for their own pensions.
- 2007 - Strengthened our school system by voting to prohibit the State Board of Education or local school boards from giving tax payer support to low quality online forms of Primary and Secondary education.
- 2009 - Voted to impeach the corrupt former Governor Rod Blagojavich.
- 2009 - Voted against forcing political candidates to claim legal expenses under campaign finance.
- 2011 - Voted against the expansion of gambling.
- 2012 - Voted to uphold our First Amendment rights by allowing citizens to record the actions of the police in public areas.
- 2012 - Voted to lessen the environmental impact of plastic bag usage by making manufacturers responsible for recycling of the bags they produce.
- 2012 - Voted against providing short-cuts that would allow criminals back on our streets.
- http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp? DocNum=0027&GAID=8&GA=94&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=14658&SessionID=50
- Representative Keith P. Sommer (R) 106th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Rep. Keith P. Sommer at Illinois House Republicans