|Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands|
1 February 2012[a]
|Preceded by||Tim Thorogood|
|Director of Finance of the Falkland Islands|
1 July 2008 – 6 March 2012
|Chief Executive||Tim Thorogood|
|Preceded by||Derek Howatt|
|Succeeded by||Nicola Granger|
|a. ^ Served as interim Chief Executive until 6 March 2012.|
Keith Padgett is a Falkland Islands politician who has served as Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands since 2012. Before his appointed as Chief Executive, Padgett served as the islands' Financial Secretary from 2008, which was renamed Director of Finance with the implementation of the 2009 Constitution. He also acts as Director of Corporate Resources.
Padgett first came to the Falklands in 2001 to serve as Deputy Financial Secretary under Derek Howatt. He was a candidate for Chief Executive in 2007, losing out to Tim Thorogood. In 2008 he succeeded Howatt as Financial Secretary and in 2012 Padgett became Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands, taking over from Thorogood who resigned for family reasons.
- Robertson, Janet (6 March 2012). "New Chief Executive for Falkland Islands Governmen". Penguin News. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Falklands announces appointment of Interim Chief Executive". Penguin News. 27 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Derek Howatt Announces Retirement Date". Falkland Islands Government. Falkland Islands News Network. 30 November 2007. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- Robertson, Janet (30 January 2012). "Keith Padgett interim Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands". MercoPress. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
- "Falkland Islands: Penguin News Weekly Update". Penguin News. MercoPress. 7 August 2007. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
(as Financial Secretary)
|Director of Finance of the Falkland Islands
|Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands
|This Falkland Islands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|