Keith Robinson (actor)
January 17, 1976 |
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Origin||Augusta, Georgia, U.S.|
Robinson was born in Louisville, Kentucky and later moved to Atlanta. While attending the University of Georgia, Robinson signed a recording contract with Motown Records, although the label never issued any of his material.
Moving to Los Angeles and turning to acting, Robinson gained a starring role in the TV series Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue as Joel Rawlings, the Green Lightspeed Ranger. After the end of the series, he appeared in such films as Fat Albert, and Mimic: Sentinel. Robinson also appeared in such television series as American Dreams, Monk, and Over There.
Most recently, Robinson appeared in the supporting role of C.C. White in the film adaptation of the Broadway musical Dreamgirls. The film includes a Robinson-led version of the Dreamgirls song "Family". Robinson joined his fellow Dreamgirls cast members to perform "Patience", one of the new songs written for the film, at the 79th Academy Awards ceremony. He appeared in the film This Christmas. Robinson also performed in Commanche Moon:Road to Lonesome Dove.
- Mimic: Sentinel (2003)
- Fat Albert (2004) - Bill
- The Reading Room (2005) (TV movie)
- Dreamgirls (2006)
- This Christmas (2007)
- Foundation (2010)
- Dear John (2010)
- 35 and Ticking (2011) - Phil
- Dysfunctional Friends (2011)
- Get on Up (2014)
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue - Joel Rawlings/Green Ranger(2000)
- Power Rangers Time Force - Joel Rawlings/Green Ranger (2001) (1 episode)
- ER (2001) 3 episodes
- American Dreams (2002–2005)
- Monk (2002–2009)
- Half & Half (2002–2006)
- Over There (2005)
- Canterbury's Law (2008)
- Castle (2010) - Random Pierce (1 episode)
- Tyler Perry's House of Payne (2011) 1 episode
- Love That Girl! (2011) - Maverick (multiple episodes)
- Lyfe's Journey (2014) - David Lyfe (UP Original TV Movie)
- Got Your Back (2010)
- Keith's official website
- Keith Robinson at the Internet Movie Database
- Keith Robinson's Official MySpace profile