Keith Wayne in Night of the Living Dead (1968)
January 16, 1945|
Washington, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||September 9, 1995
Cary, North Carolina, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Brenda Gail Hartman|
|Children||Preston Vincent Hartman
Leaja Diane Hartman
|Parents||Vincent W. Hartman
Margaret Warga Hartman
Keith Wayne (January 16, 1945 — September 9, 1995), born Ronald Keith Hartman, was an American actor known for his (only) role as Tom in the George A. Romero film Night of the Living Dead (1968). Following the completion of the film, he worked as a singer for a number of years with The Bill Roberts Show, Keith Wayne and the Unyted Brass Works and others, and then became a chiropractor.
Keith was born in Washington, Pennsylvania. His father is Vincent W. Hartman. His mother is Margaret Warga Hartman; she was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Houston and the Order of the Eastern Star, 97 Chartiers Chapter. Ronald Keith Hartman is 1962 graduate of Chartiers-Houston High School and a veteran of many years of show business. He graduated from Mansfield State College in Mansfield, Pennsylvania, where he majored in music and was a fixture in university theatrical productions. During his college career he led an extremely popular dance band, Ronnie and the Jestors. In early 1980's he became a chiropractor. Later he wrote a column for a number of years called Chiropractic Corner in Hardgainer magazine under name of "Dr. R. Keith Hartman". He committed suicide on September 9, 1995, in Cary, North Carolina and due to this his last paper was a work called How to Find Chiropractic Help, Bursitis and Tendinitis, Sternum Noises, Knee and Neck Care; plus the Notice of the Death of Dr. Hartman.
- Hazlett, Terry (14 March 1974). "Former Houston Man Heading For Stardom". Observer–Reporter (Washington, Pennsylvania).
- "Vincent W. Hartman (obituary)". Observer–Reporter (Washington, Pennsylvania). 6 November 1981.
- "Margaret Hartman (obituary)". Observer–Reporter (Washington, Pennsylvania). 1 February 1983.
- "NBC Sets "Back To School" Special Over Channel 11". Indiana Evening Gazette (Water Street, Indiana). 22 August 1959. "Houston Singer Wins! Ronald Keith Hartman..."
- "NBC Sets "Back To School" Special Over Channel 11". Morgantown Post (Water Street, Indiana). 24 August 1959. "Houston Singer Wins! Ronald Keith Hartman..."
- "District College News: Personalities: Ronald Hartman... and Helen Forrest". The Pittsburgh Press (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania). 19 December 1965.
- "Issue #40 - hardgainer: Product Description". hardgainer.com. Hardgainer. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|