Keko (footballer, born 1991)
|Full name||Sergio Gontán Gallardo|
|Date of birth||28 December 1991|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2008–2010||Atlético Madrid B||43||(6)|
|2010||→ Valladolid (loan)||13||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Cartagena (loan)||14||(0)|
|2011||→ Girona (loan)||11||(0)|
|2012||→ Grosseto (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
A product of hometown Atlético Madrid's youth ranks, Madrid-born Keko made his first-team – and La Liga – debut on 12 September 2009, taking the field as a 63rd-minute substitute against Racing de Santander, in a 1–1 home draw, aged just 17. Speaking to Diario AS after the match, he said: "The truth is that I have always dreamed of playing in this stadium, despite the draw, it was a dream come true. I did not think about the protests outside the ground, and I only wanted to score. I hope to have more chances, but I have to be calm and see what the coach decides."
Late in January 2010, Keko was loaned to fellow top-divisioner Real Valladolid, until the end of the season. He made his debut for his new club against Valencia CF, appearing as a late replacement in an eventual 0–2 away loss on 6 February.
Keko split the 2010–11 campaign with two Segunda División sides, FC Cartagena and Girona FC, appearing in 25 matches combined (nine starts, 952 minutes) as both managed to maintain their league status.
On 19 July 2011, after he failed to renew his contract with Atlético Madrid, Keko completed a transfer to Calcio Catania in Italy, signing a three-year deal and being awarded the No. 15 jersey at the Sicilian club. On 7 January 2012, however, along with teammate Fabio Sciacca, he joined Serie B outfit U.S. Grosseto F.C. on loan.
- "Atletico Madrid's Keko delighted with debut against Racing Santander". Goal.com. 13 September 2009. Retrieved 26 October 2009.
- "Villa strikes as Valencia triumph". ESPN Soccernet. 6 February 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- "Keko se va al Girona y el Pontevedra pide la cesión de Riau" [Keko goes to Girona and Pontevedra wants Riau on loan] (in Spanish). La Verdad. 26 January 2011. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- "Keko ficha por el Catania" [Keko signs for Catania] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- Catania, ufficiale Keko e Sciacca a Grosseto (Catania, official Keko and Sciacca to Grosseto); Calcio Mercato, 7 January 2012 (Italian)
- "Parma 1–2 Catania". ESPN FC. 24 February 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Keko Gontán llega al Albacete Balompié (Keko Gontán arrives at Albacete Balompié); Vavel, 28 August 2014 (Spanish)