|Born||8 February 1946|
|Other names||Kelvin Barry Richards|
|Occupation||author, radio personality|
Kelvin Barry "Kel" Richards (born 8 February 1946) is an Australian author, journalist and radio personality.
Richards presented ABC NewsRadio's weekend afternoons, which included regular Wordwatch segments until 15 August 2010. Wordwatch was a feature introduced by Richards. Initially developed as a "filler" program for the radio programs to allow time for changes of people or locations, it tapped into an interest by the listening public and several books have been produced based on the show's research. In November 2003 the thousandth episode of the show was produced.
- The Case of the Vanishing Corpse (Hodder & Stoughton, 1990)
- The Case of the Secret Assassin (Hodder & Stoughton, 1992)
- The Second Death (Coronet Books, 1993)
- The Case of the Damascus Dagger (Hodder & Stoughton, 1994)
- Moonlight Shadows (Hodder & Stoughton, 1994)
- The Case of the Dead Certainty (Hodder & Stoughton, 1995)
- The Third Bloodstain (Hodder & Stoughton, 1995)
- Death in Egypt : a Murder Mystery (Hodder & Stoughton, 1996)
- The Curse of the Pharaohs (Beacon Communications, c1997)
- The Headless Monk (Beacon Communications, c. 1997)
- The Vampire Serpent (Beacon, 1997)
- "The Amateur Hangman", More Crimes for a Summer Christmas edited by Stephen Knight (1991)
- The Ballad of the Two Sons (Anzea Publishers, c 1993) illustrated by Meng
- Aussie Yarns (c. 2004)
- Aussie Pilgrim's Progress : John Bunyan's immortal story (2006)
- An Aussie Christmas Carol : Charles Dickens' immortal tale retold as an Aussie bush yarn (2007)
Children's picture book
"The Lamington Man" (1997) with Glen Singleton
- ABC Classic FM's Word of the Day (2004) with Clive Robertson
- The Story of Australian English
- Word Map: What words are Used Where in Australia (ABC Books, 2005) with the Macquarie DictionaryReview
- Word of the day 2: Wordwatching: a Wonderful Look Into the World of Words (ABC Books, 2006)
- Murder Call TV episodes
- – Deadfall (1998)
- – A Blow to the Heart (1999)
- – House of Spirits (2000)
- – A Stab in the Dark (2000)
- Whittaker, Jason (12 August 2010). "ABC wordsmith signs off.". Crikey. Private Media. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- Javes, Sue (11 November 2003). "Kel's defining moment". Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Ross Clifford passes baton to Kel Richards". Christian Today. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- "Filmography – Kel Richards". ImDb. Retrieved 24 March 2008.