|— District —|
|• Mayor||Muammer Duran (AKP)|
|• District||1,438.16 km2 (555.28 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,377 m (4,518 ft)|
|• District Density||28/km2 ( 73/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Kelkit is a town and district of Gümüşhane Province in the Black Sea region of Turkey. According to the 2010 census, population of the district is 39,547 of which 13,784 live in the town of Kelkit. The district covers an area of 1,438 km2 (555 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 1,377 m (4,518 ft).
Kelkit is one of the cities of Turkey. The name "Kelkit" comes from the Kelkit River, a major tributary of the Yeşil River, which flows into the Black Sea. Kelkit's population is around 20,000 and it has 105 villages. People are either farmers or small business owners. Kelkit's neighbor cities are Erzincan, Gumushane and Bayburt. The city is around 30 miles from each city.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-12-01.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-12-01.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Kelkit, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-12-01.
Media related to Gümüşhane Province at Wikimedia Commons
- Forum (Turkish)
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- District directorate of agriculture's official website (Turkish)
- Road map of Kelkit district
|This geographical article about a location in Gümüşhane Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|