Davis in the 2011 NFL season.
No. 89 Detroit Lions
|Date of birth:October 11, 1985|
|Place of birth: Adrian, Michigan|
|High school: Adrian (MI)|
|College: Michigan State|
|NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 5 / Pick: 158|
|Debuted in 2008 for the Chicago Bears|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Kellen Davis (born October 11, 1985) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the fifth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Michigan State.
Davis was ranked among the nation's top 10 tight ends as a high school senior. He played college football at Michigan State, appearing in 43 games with 22 starts. He was an All Big-Ten honorable mention as a senior and totaled 60 receptions for 789 yards and 9 touchdowns over his career. He was also notable for playing on all three units (offense, defense and special teams) during his senior year.
2008 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6½ in||262 lb||32⅛ in||9¾ in||4.59 s||1.53 s||2.62 s||4.38 s||7.25 s||34.0 in||9 ft 10 in||22 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Davis was selected in the fifth round, 158th overall, by the Chicago Bears in the 2008 NFL Draft. He caught his first NFL pass (11 yards) and scored his first touchdown versus the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 20, 2009.
While he appeared in all 48 games in his first three seasons in the league, he was limited to 5 starts due to the presence of Greg Olsen on the roster, a 1st round draft pick in 2007.
Following the trade of Olsen to the Carolina Panthers in 2011, Davis became the starting tight end. He had 18 receptions for 206 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 2011 season. The 18 receptions marked the first time in 17 years that a Bears tight end failed to record 20 catches.
New York Giants
- "Kellen Davis, Michigan State". Sports Reference LLC. 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "Kellen Davis, Michigan State". CBS Interactive. 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "Kellen Davis Combine Profile". NFL.com. 2008-05-12. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "Kellen Davis Combine Profile", nfldraftscout.com, retrieved February 29, 2012
- "Kellen Davis, Chicago Bears". NFL.com. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-02-19). "Bears want their tight ends to threaten defenses". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "Cut or Keep: Kellen Davis". NBC Chicago. 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "Lovie: Davis can be featured TE". espn.com. 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-03-13). "Bears release tight end Kellen Davis". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- Browns sign Kellen Davis, Chris Owens
- Giants sign Free Agent TE Kellen Davis
- Mello, Igor. "Report: Lions sign TE Kellen Davis". CBS Sports. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Rothstein, Michael. "Detroit Lions promote Rodney Austin, cut Kellen Davis". ESPN. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Twentyman, Tim. "Lions place tight end Joseph Fauria on IR". Detroit Lions, Ltd. Retrieved 8 January 2015.