Keller Williams Realty
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2013)|
|Type||Privately Held Corporation|
|Founded||Austin, Texas, (1983)|
|Headquarters||Austin, Texas, USA|
|Number of locations||700|
|Key people||Gary W. Keller, Chairman
Mark Willis, CEO
Mary Tennant, President and COO
Keller Williams Realty is a real estate franchise organization in the United States and Canada, with headquarters in Austin, Texas. It was founded by Gary W. Keller and Joe Williams in 1983. The company began franchising in 1991 and expanded to Canada in 1998, with sales and commissions growth topping 700 percent since 1995. The firm has grown from a single office in Austin to the largest real estate company in the United States and Canada by agent count, with over 80,000 agents.
Keller Williams Worldwide
In early 2012, the company awarded its first overseas franchise in Vietnam, led by Keller Williams Vietnam President Paul Mason. In September 2012, the company announced its franchise opportunities now include Indonesia and the Southern Africa region
On February 17, 2013 the firm announced planned expansion expand into 4 new countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Turkey.
In 2007, the firm launched Luxury Homes by Keller Williams, a program giving eligible associates a designation as experts in serving that market. The training component of the program is provided by The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing.
In 2008, the firm introduced KW Commercial, a division] providing commercial real estate associates with specialized technology, marketing tools, and resources. Two key differences between KW Commercial and the industry's leading brokerages, are commission splits in the agents' favor, allowing them to retain at least 60 percent more of their commissions based on $300,000 gross income, as well as profit-sharing and retirement programs. Commercial agents also get ownership opportunities similar to those offered to Keller Williams residential agents. KW Commercial has grown to over 1,000 brokers nationally.
KellerINK, a division of the firm, is a publisher of instructional and inspirational business books with a specialty in real estate. The company published the nationally bestselling Millionaire Real Estate series. They have sold more than a million books worldwide.
- "Baylor Business Entrepreneurship". Baylor.edu. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "Baylor Alumni Magazine". Baylor.edu. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "Inman News: Gary Keller". Inman News. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "Keller Williams Realty Now #1 Real Estate Company in the United States by Agent Count". Stephanie van Hoek. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "Vietnam first destination for Keller Williams overseas expansion". Inman News. February 15, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Keller Williams Expands into Indonesia and Several Countries in Africa". DSNews.com. September 20, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Keller Williams’ ambitious global expansion plans". AGBeat. September 20, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Keller Williams® Realty, Inc. Announces Expansion into Indonesia, Southern Africa". Yahoo! Finance. September 21, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Stephanie van Hoek (February 17, 2013). "Keller Williams Realty Now #1 Real Estate Company in the United States by Agent Count". KW. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "The Institute for Luxury Home Martketing". Luxuryhomemarketing.com. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Beth (October 5, 2007). "Keller Williams’ New Luxury Home Program Partners with The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing". RISMedia. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Luxury Magazine". Kwluxuryhomes.com. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Keller Williams Realty Announces Plans for Commercial Division". RISMedia. July 18, 2008. Retrieved Novembwer 25, 2012.
- "Keller Williams Realty Climbs to Third-Largest Real Estate Franchise". RISMedia. March 4, 2009. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Keller Williams expands into commercial arena, taps agents for leads". Tampa Bay Business Journal. June 18, 2007. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Jeff Rohn Named Managing Director of the KW Commercial Peninsula Office". News-The Registry. June 4, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Medal of Service // Business Leadership". Baylor University. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Gary Keller Quantum Lead Training Collaboration". Baylor University. Retrieved November 25, 2012.