By Adrian Ruiz (LifeHouseDesign)
|Born||Kelli Michelle Berglund
February 9, 1996
Moorpark, California, U.S.
Kelli Michelle Berglund (born February 9, 1996) is an American teen actress and dancer. She plays Bree Davenport, a bionic teenager with lightning speed in the Disney XD series Lab Rats. She will star in the Disney Channel Original movie How to Build a Better Boy, where she will play Mae Hartley, a tech-savvy young woman who, along with her best friend, devise a plan to create the perfect boyfriend.
Berglund began her career at a young age, gracing the small screen as a series regular on TLC's Hip Hop Harry. TV appearances also include Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, and America's Next Producer. Berglund also appeared in the indie film, Bye Bye Benjamin. Her commercial credits include campaigns for Old Navy, Hyundai, Bratz, McDonald's and Mattel, among others. She has also appeared in print and modeling campaigns for Reebok and the Camarillo Academy of Performing Arts. Berglund has been honored with many awards in dance for her lyrical contemporary, hip-hop, tap, and jazz techniques. Though she is equally versatile in these types of dance, her favorite style is contemporary — a blend of ballet and jazz. She will be in a movie called "How to Build a Better Boy". It is about two girls that use there future tech to make a macho boy but really sensitive. The movie will air January 2014.
Berglund stars as overly outgoing, bionic super-human Bree with lightning speed abilities, in the Disney XD live-action comedy series Lab Rats alongside co-stars: Tyrel Jackson Williams, Billy Unger, and Spencer Boldman. Bree is one of the three bionic teen siblings, who tries to navigate a "normal" world of school, friends and family, with the occasional bionic glitch. In 2013, Berglund was guest star in the Disney XD series Kickin' It, where she played a karate prodigy named Sloane Jennings. Also her character sings the song "Had Me @ Hello" in a duet with Olivia Holt's character.
In mid-2013, Berglund began work on the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, How to Build a Better Boy. The film is being shot in Toronto, Canada. She plays Mae Hartley, one of the two main roles. The film is directed by Paul Hoen and will be premiered in 2014.
A native of California, Berglund is of Swedish, German, Norwegian and Danish descent, and resides in Moorpark, California with her parents, Mark and Michelle Berglund, and younger sister, Kirra. She is a student at Moorpark High School's independent study program. In her spare time, she enjoys swimming, spending time with her sister, video editing, still photography and creating original films on her computer.
|2006||Bye Bye Benjamin||Birthday Party Guest||Minor role; independent film|
|2014||How to Build a Better Boy||Mae Hartley||Lead role; TV film (Disney Channel Original Movie)|
|2006–2008||Hip Hop Harry||Herself||Recurring role; TLC's TV show|
|2012–present||Lab Rats||Bree Davenport||Lead role; Disney XD Original Series|
|2013||Kickin' It||Sloane Jennings||Episode: "The New Girl"|
- ""Check out our list of talented "triple threats" for theatrical film & TV, commercial, dance and stage!"". morezap. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Kelli Berglund: My Kind of Music". girl2watch. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Check Out Lab Rats' "Kelli Berglund". fanlala. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Moorpark teen lands role in Disney XD series". vcstar. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "'A.N.T. Farm,' 'Lab Rats' Stars to Topline Disney Channel TV Movie". Hollywood Reporter. July 31, 2013. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Kelli Berglund: Extra! Extra!". girl2watch. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Lab Rats’ Kelli Berglund’s "My Life"!". bopandtigerbeat. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Kelli Berglund". DisneyXDMedianet. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "'Lab Rats' Kelli Berglund Guest Stars on Disney XD's Kickin' It". Fanalala. Sep 20, 2013. Retrieved Dec 16, 2013.
- "China Anne McClain, Kelli Berglund & Ashley Argota Starring in Disney Channel Original Movie “How to Build a Better Boy”". shineon-media. August 1, 2013. Retrieved September 6, 2013.