|— Golfer —|
May 11, 1977 |
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|College||University of Texas|
|Current tour(s)||LPGA Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in LPGA major championships
|ANA Inspiration||35th: 2001|
|LPGA Championship||T6: 2008|
|U.S. Women's Open||3rd: 1999|
|du Maurier Classic||T18: 2000|
|Women's British Open||T7: 2001|
Kelli Kuehne (born May 11, 1977) is an American professional golfer.
Kuehne was born in Dallas, Texas. In 1994 she won the U.S. Girls' Junior. The following year she won the U.S. Women's Amateur and in 1996 repeated as the U.S. Women's Amateur champion while also winning the British Ladies Amateur. She played college golf at the University of Texas where she was an All-American. She played on the 1996 Curtis Cup team.
At the 1999 Jamie Farr Kroger Classic, Kuehne took part in a six-player playoff. It was the biggest in LPGA history. Se Ri Pak birdied the first sudden death playoff hole to defeat Kuehne, Karrie Webb, Carin Koch, Sherri Steinhauer, and Mardi Lunn. Kuehne, who had finished play 90 minutes before the last group finished play, had left the golf course and gone back to her hotel. After getting a call from a LPGA official, Kuenhe raced back to the course just in time to take part in the playoff.
Two of Kuehne's brothers are also golfers. Trip Kuehne was runner-up to Tiger Woods in the 1994 U.S. Amateur and won the 2007 U.S. Mid-Amateur. Hank Kuehne won the U.S. Amateur in 1998 before turning professional.
LPGA Tour wins
- Curtis Cup (representing the United States): 1996
- Espirito Santo Trophy (representing the United States): 1996
- "1994 U.S. Girls' Junior". USGA. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "1995 U.S. Women's Amateur". USGA. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "1996 U.S. Women's Amateur". USGA. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "LPGA Tour profile". LPGA. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "LPGA All-Time Records". LPGA. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "Pak wins six player playoff". Golf Today. 1999. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- Junga, Steve (July 5, 1999). "Far away from a playoff". Toledo Blade. p. 26. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "Kelli Kuehne talks about her LPGA Career & living with diabetes". WALA-TV. May 15, 2013. Retrieved May 16, 2013.