|Live album by Wynton Kelly|
|Recorded||February 19 and March 10, 1959|
|Wynton Kelly chronology|
The songs feature Kelly and bassist Paul Chambers and drummer Jimmy Cobb. Together they had formed the rhythm section for the Miles Davis bands. Guests include Nat Adderley, Bobby Jaspar and Benny Golson.
Originally released by Riverside, the album has been reissued on CD a several times since 1989 by Riverside and OJC. One is a hybrid Super Audio CD playable on both regular and Super Audio CD players. The one from 1989 is a straight mono remaster. 2009 saw a mono vinyl re-issue.
In his Allmusic review, music critic Scott Yanow wrote "Kelly was renowned as an accompanist, but as he shows on a set including three of his originals and four familiar standards (including "Softly, As in a Morning Sunrise" and "Willow Weep for Me"), he was also a strong bop-based soloist too. A fine example of his talents."
- "Kelly Blue" (Wynton Kelly) – 10:41
- "Softly, as in a Morning Sunrise" (Oscar Hammerstein - Sigmund Romberg) – 6:24
- "Green Dolphin Street" (Bronislau Kaper - Ned Washington) – 4:39
- "Willow Weep for Me" (Ann Ronell) – 6:05
- "Keep It Moving" (Kelly) – 7:31
- "Old Clothes" (Kelly) – 7:37
Remastered versions of the album include a bonus track: "Do Nothing till You Hear from Me", as well as alternative takes of "Keep It Moving". Japanese vinyl re-issues are strictly mono remasters.
- Wynton Kelly – piano
- Nat Adderley – cornet
- Bobby Jaspar – flute
- Benny Golson – tenor saxophone
- Paul Chambers – bass
- Jimmy Cobb – drums
- Orrin Keepnews – production, liner notes
- Jack Higgins – recording engineering
- Harris Lewine, Paul Bacon, Ken Braren – design
- Kirk Felton – digital remastering