March 24, 1960 |
New York, New York, U.S.
|Other names||Kelly Le Brock|
|Spouse(s)||Victor Drai (1984–1986)
Steven Seagal (1987–1996) 3 children
Kelly LeBrock (born March 24, 1960) is an American actress and model. Her acting debut was in The Woman in Red co-starring with comedian Gene Wilder. She also starred in the film Weird Science, directed by John Hughes.
Early life 
LeBrock was born in New York City, but brought up in London, England and in the countryside in Sussex. She is the daughter of a French-Canadian father who owned his own quicksilver mine and opened "The General Thurber", a 3-star Michelin restaurant in Lake Champlain, New York. Kelly's Irish mother, a former model, was the owner of fine antique stores in London. LeBrock spent her early school days in a Montreal boarding school, gaining fluency in French, before moving to Great Britain. At the age of sixteen, LeBrock returned to New York and started her career as a high fashion and beauty model.
LeBrock began her career as a model at the age of sixteen. She went on to appear on thousands of magazine covers and in fashion spreads, including an exclusive Christian Dior campaign, and became one of Eileen Ford's most sought-after models. She also gained notoriety as the Pantene shampoo commercial spokeswoman whose line "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" became a pop-culture catchphrase.
LeBrock was cast as the "perfect" or "fantasy" woman in films such as The Woman in Red (1984) and Weird Science (1985). In 1990 she starred opposite then-husband, Steven Seagal, in Hard to Kill. LeBrock also appeared in Betrayal of the Dove (1993), Tracks of a Killer (1995), and Hard Bounty (1995).
Personal life 
Her first marriage was to film producer and restaurateur, Victor Drai, in 1984; they divorced in 1986. She then was married to action star, Steven Seagal, from 1987–96 from which three children were born – Annaliza (b. 1987), Dominic (b. 1990) and Arissa (b. 1993).
In the late 1980s LeBrock was one of the first private U.S. citizens to own her own hyperbaric chamber. LeBrock also started her own brand of homeopathic remedies. LeBrock testified to Congress in 1995 to the House Enquiry on Insurance and Medicare Access for alternative treatments on the needs of all Americans to have affordable access to such remedies. She is on various scientific advisory boards and regularly lectures on this subject.[not in citation given]
After the death of her brother, Harold, in 2008 LeBrock decided to devote her time to the terminally ill. She currently is the celebrity spokesperson for "Club Carson", whose members are children suffering from cancer.
- The Woman in Red (1984) --Charlotte
- Weird Science (1985) -- Lisa
- Hard to Kill (1990)--Andrea Stewart
- Betrayal of the Dove (1993) as Una
- David Copperfield (1993) (TV)--Clara (voice)
- Tracks of a Killer (1995) -- Claire Hawkner
- Hard Bounty (1995) -- Donnie
- Wrongfully Accused (1998) -- Lauren Goodhue
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2002) -- Morgana
- Zerophilia (2005) -- Woman in RV
- Gamers (2006) -- Angela's Mom
- The Mirror (2007) -- Mary Theophilu
- "Where Are They Now? Kelly LeBrock" Comedy Central.co.uk
- Cross A Doll, A Computer-Kelly Le Brock LA Times
- "Printable Biography of Kelly LeBrock" All American Speakers web site
- "1980s Pantene Commercial Don't Hate Me... " YouTube
- Bio at IMDb
- "Kelly LeBrock is still a Woman in Red 27 years on" 2 September 2011, Daily Mail
- Kelly LeBrock New York Times
- "Kelly Lebrock - About This Person - Movies & TV - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-10-31.
- LeBrock CV Healing Chambers International
- "Join Kelly Lebrock, the Woman In Red, Honorary Host, Autism Vancouver" Autism Today.com