|33rd North Dakota State Treasurer|
|Preceded by||Kathi Gilmore|
|Born||August 26, 1962|
North Dakota State Treasurer 
In January 2005, Schmidt was sworn in as North Dakota’s 33rd State Treasurer. She was re-elected in 2008 and 2012. During her second term, the treasurer's office made several multi-million dollar mistakes according to a State Auditor report.
Kelly and her husband, Chuck, have four sons and one grandson. They reside in Mandan, ND.
Community Service 
Schmidt has been involved with the following organizations:
- Inter Service Family Action Committee (ISFAC) - a voluntary military cooperative partnership organized to provide multi-
- service networking for military members and their families: Member
- North Dakota Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy: Founding Member
- North Dakota State Historical Board Foundation: Trustee
- Mandan Kiwanis: Past President, Kiwanian of the Year and former Lt. Governor for her Kiwanis region
- American Legion Auxiliary: Long-Term Member
- AmVets Auxiliary: Life Member
- Salvation Army: Advisory Board
- Spirit of Life Parish: Former Trustee
- Office of North Dakota State Treasurer - About the Office
- Beitsch, Rebecca (24 Aug 2011). "Errors uncovered by audit now fixed, treasurer says". Bismarck Tribune. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
|North Dakota State Treasurer
|This article about a North Dakota politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|