February 2, 1965 |
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
|Title||Miss Milan Crown and Scepter 1986
Miss Tennessee 1986
Miss America 1987
|Successor||Kaye Lani Rae Rafko|
|Relatives||Johnny Cash (great-uncle), June Carter Cash (great-aunt), Rosanne Cash (cousin), John Carter Cash (cousin)|
She has performed with numerous musical artists including Vince Gill, Lee Greenwood, and Billy Joel, and appeared in many regional theatrical productions around the country. Cash was chosen for the lead part of country music legend Patsy Cline, in Always...Patsy Cline and has performed the musical on numerous occasions.
Kellye's daughter, Cassidy Sheppard, was crowned Miss Dyersburg 2014 and went on to compete for Miss Tennessee America in June 2014, placing in the top 16 finalists.
Kellye was named spokesperson for Youth Town of Tennessee (Alcohol and Drug Treatment facilty for teens in 2012. Johnny served on the board of directors in 1965.
An advocate for conservative political candidates and issues too, Cash has twice been publicly elected to the State Executive Committee of the Tennessee Republican Party. She performed at an event for presidential candidate Pat Buchanan, held before the 1996 Republican National Convention.
Cash is the great-niece of Johnny Cash. She currently resides in Milan, Tennessee, a small town approximately 75 miles northeast of Memphis, with her husband, Todd Sheppard, a teacher and coach in the Milan public schools, and three children; son, Brady; and daughters Cassidy and Tatum.
In addition to making approximately 100 appearances each year at charitable, community and political events, Cash has released six music CDs: four Christian and two country, including Living by the Word, and Real Life. She is very involved in her local church by directing teaching a college and career class with her husband and also singing and playing for the church.
- Associated Press (1986-09-14). "Miss America grandniece of Johnny Cash". Houston Chronicle. p. 3.
- "Miss America grandniece of Johnny Cash". The Oak Ridger. 2004-05-14.
- "Kellye Cash performing with Huntington Symphony Orchestra". Ironton Tribune. 2009-08-05.
- "Miss Tenn. Valley crowned Miss Tennessee 2014". www.wbir.com. Jackson Sun. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "A new classic Christmas song, an old classic Christmas singer". Courier-News. 2003-12-07.
- "Miss America Preliminaries". Atlantic City Press. 2003-09-18.
- "Changes and familiar faces on view at pageant". Roanoke Times. 2008-06-24.
- "Miss Tri-Cities 2009 Crowned". TriCity Herald. 2009-07-19.
- "Star Search finals this Saturday". Memphis Commercial-Appeal. 2007-10-18.
- "Celebrities born and raised in Gibson County". Jackson Sun. 2009-05-17.
- "Buchanan will throw big party in Escondido". San Diego Union. 1996-07-24.
- "Cash to perform at Picnic with the Pops". Herald-Dispatch. 2009-08-09.
|Awards and achievements|
Kaye Lani Rae Rafko