|Born||1983/1984 (age 30–31)
North Ogden, Utah
Brigham Young University – BA '07Le Cordon Bleu – Hollywood
Kelsey Nixon is an American chef who hosts the Cooking Channel series Kelsey’s Essentials, which premiered November 6, 2010. She was one of the final four contestants in the fourth season of the Food Network series Food Network Star.
Personal and professional life
Kelsey Nixon created her own cooking show, Kelsey’s Kitchen, while she was still in college, eventually hosting and producing 100 episodes over 2 years. After graduating from Brigham Young University with a degree in Broadcast Journalism, she earned a professional culinary arts degree at Le Cordon Bleu – Hollywood, and received additional training at the French Culinary Institute. She also interned at Martha Stewart Living and The Food Network series, Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. Nixon received a 2013 Daytime Emmy nomination in the Outstanding Culinary Host Category.
Nixon married Robby Egan in 2008 and gave birth to their son, Oliver, on June 24, 2012.
Kelsey's Essentials premiered on November 6, 2010, on the Cooking Channel, a sister network of Food Network.
- Blatter, Lucy (November 21, 2010). "My Morning Routine: The Cooking Channel's Kelsey Nixon - am New York". amNY. Archived from the original on November 27, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Kelsey's Essentials with Kelsey Nixon cookingchanneltv.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- Kelsey Nixon buddytv.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- Kelsey Nixon cookingchanneltv.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- Kelsey's Kitchen kelseyskitchen.com (accessed November 6, 2010)
- Kathy Stephenson Utah's Kelsey Nixon Gets Her Own Cooking Show Salt Lake Tribune sltrib.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- Kelsey's Kitchen - About KelseysKitchen.com (Accessed November 6, 2010)