Kelvin Grove, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Brian Pincott|
|• Total||0.7 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,075 m (3,527 ft)|
|• Average Income||$52,468|
|Website||Kelvin Grove Community Association|
Kelvin Grove is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by Glenmore Trail, to the east by Elbow Drive, to the south by 75 Avenue S and to the west by 14 Street W. The Rockyview General Hospital is located immediately west of the community.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $52,468 in 2000, and there were 12.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 18.5% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 53.9% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 42.7% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Chinook Park Bilingual Elementary and Henry Wise Wood Senior High public schools.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Kelvin Grove Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-17.
|Rockyview General Hospital||Kingsland|
|Eagle Ridge||Chinook Park|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|