|Full name||Kelvin Leerdam|
|Date of birth||24 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Paramaribo, Suriname|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Right Back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Kelvin Leerdam (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈkɛɫvɪn leːrˈdɑm]) (born 24 June 1990 in Paramaribo) is a Dutch footballer who currently plays as a right back or defensive midfielder for Vitesse and the Netherlands U21.
Coming from an amateur side, Leerdam had a difficult start in the Feyenoord youth. The first two seasons he was mainly used as a substitute. Leerdam joined a successful generation in Feyenoord U17, where he had to compete with players like Leroy Fer, Georginio Wijnaldum and Kevin Wattamaleo for a place on the midfield. After two years, when other players took their chance on a higher level, Leerdam became a regular starter in the U19 team. Thanks to his hard work and dedication, Leerdam eventually made it to Feyenoord's first team squad as well. In January 2007, Leerdam was invited to the first team's training camp in Belek, Turkey, by Feyenoord manager Erwin Koeman. On 6 June 2008, Leerdam signed his first professional contract until 2011.
Leerdam had his breakthrough in the season 2008–09. On 13 November 2008, Leerdam made his official debut in Feyenoord's first team. Leerdam replaced Karim El Ahmadi in the 69th minute of the KNVB Cup away match against HHC Hardenberg (1–5). Leerdam made his Eredivisie debut on 16 November 2008. Leerdam replaced Georginio Wijnaldum in the 87th minute in the away match against FC Twente (1–1). On 27 November 2008, Leerdam also made his European debut. In the UEFA Cup away match against Deportivo la Coruña (3–0), Leerdam replaced Karim El Ahmadi in the 56th minute.
On 1 February 2009, Leerdam had a place in the starting line-up for the first time. When Giovanni van Bronckhorst got injured during the warm-up before the Eredivisie match against N.E.C., Leerdam replaced him as left back. On 12 April 2009, Leerdam made his first and only goal for Feyenoord, in the home match against Heracles Almelo.
In the season 2009–10, Leerdam was candidate to leave Feyenoord on loan for Excelsior. Because of the departure of the right backs Theo Lucius, Serginho Greene and Dwight Tiendalli, Leerdam remained at Feyenoord and is mainly used as the stand-in for first team right back Dani Fernández.
- Statistics accurate as of last match played on 10 May 2014.
Leerdam made his first appearance on international level in the Netherlands U19. The Dutch team missed out on a place at the 2009 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship in Ukraine by the narrowest of margins. The Netherlands U19 finished second in the qualifying elite round behind Slovenia U19, with one goal difference.
- Feyenoord TV (13 January 2009). Kelvin Leerdam interview (Television production). Belek, Turkey.
- "Talent in Turkije (3): Kelvin Leerdam" [Talent in Turkey (3): Kelvin Leerdam]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 9 January 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- "Feyenoord contracteert talenten" [Feyenoord contracts talents]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 10 June 2008. Retrieved 7 October 2009.
- "Feyenoord bekert verder na zege op HHC: 1–5" [Feyenoord in next round after victory on HHC: 1–5]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 13 November 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- "FC Twente en Feyenoord in evenwicht: 1–1" [FC Twente and Feyenoord in balance: 1–1]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 16 November 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- "Feyenoord uitgeschakeld in UEFA Cup" [Feyenoord eliminated in UEFA Cup]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 27 November 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- "Gemengde gevoelens voor Nieveld en Leerdam" [Mixed feelings for Nieveld and Leerdam]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 1 February 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- "Leerdam blij met eerste goal in Feyenoord één" [Leerdam happy with first goal in Feyenoord one]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 12 April 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- "Leerdam: "Zorgen dat we in De Kuip niets verliezen"" [Leerdam: "We have to ensure we lose nothing in De Kuip"]. Feyenoord.nl (in Dutch). 20 August 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- Transfervrije Leerdam verruilt Feyenoord voor Vitesse; Voetbal International, 14 January 2013 (Dutch)
- Vitesse trots: Kelvin Leerdam Vitessenaar (Vitesse challenge: Kevin Leerdam to Vitesse); Vitesse.nl, 2 July 2013 (Dutch)
- "Slender victory not enough for Netherlands". UEFA. 9 June 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2009.[dead link]
- Voetbal International profile (Dutch)
- Official Kelvin Leerdam profile on Feyenoord.nl (Dutch)
- Netherlands stats at OnsOranje