|Ken Bennett speaking at an event in Phoenix, Arizona.|
|19th Secretary of State of Arizona|
January 26, 2009
|Preceded by||Jan Brewer|
|President of the Arizona Senate|
January 2003 – January 2007
|Preceded by||Randall Gnant|
|Succeeded by||Tim Bee|
|Born||1959 (age 54–55)
Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
|Alma mater||Yavapai College
Arizona State University
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)|
Ken Bennett was born on August 1, 1959 (age 54) in Tucson, Arizona. His parents moved to Prescott shortly thereafter, where he was raised and later graduated from Prescott High School. Upon graduation, Bennett served a two-year mission in southern Japan, and remains an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Bennett began work for Bennett Oil Company, a fuel distribution business in northern Arizona, in 1984. Initially working in finance, Bennett was eventually hired as the Chief Executive Officer, where he remained until 2006.
In addition, he sits on the Board of Directors for Global Building Systems Inc., a sustainable building systems company, as well as Treasurer on the Board of Directors of Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
Bennett was elected to the Prescott City Council in 1985 and served as Mayor Pro Tem in 1988. He was appointed to the Arizona State Board of Education in 1992, serving as president in 1996 and 1998.
When Jan Brewer ascended from Arizona Secretary of State to Governor upon Janet Napolitano's resignation to become United States Secretary of Homeland Security, Bennett was selected as the new Secretary of State, being sworn in on January 26, 2009. Upon completing that term, Bennett won election to a full term as Secretary of State in the November 2010 with 59% of the vote.
- Arizona State Legislature: Ken Bennett
- Yavapai College: Alumni Directory
- Alumni Politicians
- Linda Bentley, Field of six vying for governor in Republican Primary, Sonoran News, August 06, 2014
- Our Campaigns: Ken Bennett
- Global Building Systems: Board of Directors
- Ken Hedler, Former Senator Ken Bennett bows out of congressional race, The Daily Courier, September 06, 2007
- Editorial: Ken Bennett’s aspirations to serve as governor good news for Arizona, Verde Independent, 5/29/2012
- Casey Newton, Brewer picks Ken Bennett for sec. of state, The Arizona Republic, January 09, 2009
- Arizona Secretary of State biography
- Campaign website
|President of the Arizona Senate
|Secretary of State of Arizona