-Ken Bolton (born 1949) is a poet.
Bolton was born in Sydney and studied fine arts at the University of Sydney, where he also tutored. In the late 70s he edited the poetry magazine Magic Sam and began the small press Sea Cruise Books with Anna Couani. His first book of poems, Four Poems, was published in 1977. In 1982 he moved to Adelaide to work at the Experimental Art Foundation.
He has since edited the literary magazine Otis Rush and collaborated with poet John Jenkins on a number of books of poetry. His Selected Poems was published by Penguin in 1992 and he edhas published his monograph on the contemporary sculptor Michelle Nikou.
His latest collection (At The Flash & At The Baci, 2006) has been described as "prov[ing] to us that Ken Bolton is a prime example of a poet breaking new ground in Australian poetry."
- Four Poems. (Sea Cruise, 1977)
- Blonde & French. (Island, 1978) ISBN 0-909771-18-9
- Talking to You: Poems 1978-1981. (Rigmarole, 1983) ISBN 0-909229-25-2
- Blazing Shoes. (Open Dammit, 1984) ISBN 0-9591159-0-0
- Airborne dogs, With John Jenkins. (Brunswick Hills, 1988) ISBN 0-9590929-3-5
- The Ferrara Poems, With John Jenkins. (Experimental Art Foundation, 1989) ISBN 0-949836-21-4
- Two poems. (Experimental Art Foundation, 1990) ISBN 0-949836-26-5
- Selected Poems. (Penguin, 1992) ISBN 0-14-058688-1
- Untimely Meditations & Other Poems. (Wakefield, 1997) ISBN 1-86254-432-8
- At The Flash & At The Baci. (Wakefield, 2006) ISBN 1-86254-692-4
- The Circus. (Wakefield, 2006)
- Sly Mongoose. (Puncher & Wattmann, Sydney, 2011) ISBN 978-1-921450-30-3
- Michelle Nikou. (Wakefield, 2005) ISBN 1-86254-676-2
- Art Writing: Art in Adelaide in the 1990s and 2000s. (CACSA, 2009) ISBN 978-1-875751-34-1
- "Ken Bolton Contents Page". Australian Literature Resources. Archived from the original on 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
- Minter, Peter; Ken Bolton (2005-04-29). "Ken Bolton in conversation with Peter Minter". Jacket Magazine. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
- Johnson, Heather Taylor (2007-01-14). "Heather Taylor Johnson reviews Ken Bolton". Cordite Poetry Review. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Ken Bolton Contents Page at Australian Literature Resources (poems etc.)
- 3 poems at Big Bridge
- 2 poems at Sport Magazine
- Interview at Jacket Magazine
- The duck at the top of the stairs long poem
- PDF (194 KB)
- PDF (429 KB)
- The Dark Horsey Form Guide, Archive and Punter's Companion - Critical writing by Ken Bolton
- Ken Bolton Author Notes at Jacket Magazine
|This biographical article about an Australian poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|