Kennet Dancyger is a scriptwriting theoretician, film historian and expert on film editing and film production. He is professor of film and TV at Maurice Kanbar Institute of Film, Television, & New Media, Undergraduate. He has been the president of University Film and Video Association. He has taught film in the U.S. and Canada since 1968.
His 2002 book contains a detailed comparison of screwball comedy and film noir.(p. 68) He has collaborated as historical consultant for the 2004 documentary The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing, about the art of film editing.
- 1991, with Jeff Rush, Alternative Scriptwriting: Writing Beyond the Rules. Editions: 2nd 1995 (new subtitle: Successfully Breaking the Rules), 3rd 2002, 4th 2006. Boston and Oxford: Focal Press
- 1991, Broadcast Writing: Drama, Comedies, and Documentaries
- 1993, The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice. Editions: 2nd 1997, 3rd 2002, 4th 2006. Focal Press. ISBN 0-240-80225-X
- 1994, with Patricia Cooper, Writing the Short Film, Second Edition
- 1999, World of Film and Video Production: Aesthetics and Practice
- 2001, Global scriptwriting
- 2006, The Director's Idea: The Path to Great Directing
See also 
- ^ a b Writing the short film, second edition, backcover
- ^ *the point of returns article on director Ed Hunt published in Cinema Canada, December 1976/ January 1977 Number 33
External links