Ken Mogi (茂木 健一郎 Mogi Ken'ichirō?, born October 20, 1962 in Tokyo) is a Japanese brain scientist. He is a senior researcher at Sony Computer Science Laboratories and a visiting professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. According to the profile posted at his personal blog, his mission is "to solve the so-called mind-brain problem."
After graduating from the University of Tokyo in 1985 with a degree in science and in 1987 with a degree in law, Mogi received in 1992 a Ph.D. with the thesis "Mathematical Model of Muscle Contraction".
Japan's first TED speaker was Ken Mogi, who presented in 2012 March.
Mogi has published over 50 books, most of which are written in Japanese. They cover not only brain science but also includes, but not limited to, philosophy, history, art, education, and linguistics. His books have been frequently used as a source of university entrance examinations. His book "脳と仮想（Brain and Imagination）" has received 2005 Hideo Kobayashi award, and another book "今ここからすべての場所へ（From here, to everywhere）" has received 2008 Takeo Kuwabara academic award.
- 茂木健一郎氏、所得４億無申告…印税や出演料など 読売新聞2009年11月10日13S版39面
- The original article was written based on the corresponding Japanese Wikipedia article, retrieved on 2008-04-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kenichiro Mogi.|
- The Qualia Manifesto webpage
- Qualia Journal - personal blog
- Research - Research webpage
- Can The brain describe the hearts? (脳は心を記述できるのか) - Mogi is not Scientist.
- Ken Mogi's evaded rax(『アハ体験』脳科学者・茂木氏「アハ脱税」で追徴1億6000万円！) - Ken Mogi's evaded tax
- His opinion for Fuji TV Climes -> Claim for Fuji TV fabrication raicism - Ken Mogi's criticism of stealth marketing by Fuji Television was called racism using his two Twitter accounts.
- Mogi's cheats - Way of Ken Mogi and Ikeda Daisaku's cheats(茂木・池田騙しの手口) by Yoshihiko Ohtsuki
|This article about a Japanese scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|