17 January 1943
Chorley, Lancashire, England, UK
Ken Morley is an English comedian and actor who is best known for his role as Reg Holdsworth in Coronation Street. He played the role from 1989 until quitting the show in 1995. Between 1988 and 1991, he was a regular in the BBC sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!, playing General Leopold von Flockenstuffen, and later guest starred as the Nazi captain Vorheese in the Red Dwarf episode Stoke Me a Clipper. He has since starred in the sitcom Hardware. In 2005, he was one of the celebrities taking part in the ITV1 reality series Celebrity Fit Club. Ken also stars in adverts for Safestyle UK double glazing, playing a similar character to Reg Holdsworth.
He also appeared as US Vice-President Dick Cheney on the Channel 4 satirical show Bremner, Bird and Fortune, and in August 2010, it was confirmed that Ken would return to Coronation Street to film scenes for its 50th anniversary DVD.
Ken appeared in the popular British TV series Benidorm, playing Kenneth's uncle, Herbert.
The actor has been associated with several criminal incidents against him in recent years; it was reported in October 2007 that his wife had been attacked during an armed raid on their house, and five years earlier, in 2002, he was the victim of a mugging by a group of youths who stole his trademark glasses, which were later recovered.
A car collector, his collection included:
- 1956 Ford Fairlane
- 1959 pink Cadillac Coupe de Ville
- two 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham – one since sold
- MG ZT V8
All of the American car collection have now been sold.
Between December 2010 and January 2011, Ken Morley appeared in Aladdin at the Albert Halls, Bolton, where he played Widow Twankey. He appeared with youngsters from Bolton Dance and Performing Arts College, Mervyn Francis and others.
- "Raid on former Street star's home". BBC News. 7 October 2007. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Ex-Coronation Street star's wife robbed". Reuters. 7 October 2007. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Former darts champion Andy Fordham reveals how close he came to destroying himself with drink". Scotland Herald. 13 December 2009. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Sidebottom plays it safe". Macclesfield Express. 22 August 2006. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Ken and Kev back in Corrie". London: The Sun. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Former Street star attacked". BBC News. 2 May 2002.
- "My Star Car". Sunday Mirror. 28 July 1996.
- Cadillac – Used Cars on Carzone.ie – New & Used Cars in Ireland
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|