|Born||Frank Kenneth Sansom
April 2, 1927
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
|Died||October 8, 2012
Holladay, Utah, United States
Cause of death
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
|Known for||voice of Rabbit|
Frank Kenneth "Ken" Sansom (April 2, 1927 – October 8, 2012) was an American actor and voice actor. Among his best known roles, Sansom voiced Rabbit in animated television series, television specials, and films for Disney's Winnie the Pooh from 1988 to 2010.
Sansom enrolled at the University of Utah following World War II, but did not complete his studies at that university. He transferred to Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelor's degree in radio broadcasting in 1949.
Sanson started his career with a radio show in Los Angeles called Sansom and Then Some. He began acting in the early 1970s. His first role was in an episode of Mayberry R.F.D., a continuation of the The Andy Griffith Show. He was best known for his role as Rabbit in the television series The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. He also voiced Stan, the Woozle in the series. He also voiced Rabbit in a number of TV specials and movies of Winnie the Pooh, taking over for original Rabbit voice Junius Matthews after his death in 1978.
In an interview with ABC 4, when asked about voicing Rabbit in the upcoming Winnie the Pooh film, he stated, "I'm not sure." Tom Kenny voiced Rabbit in the movie, although Sansom claimed he was still under contract. Ken was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- My Friends Tigger & Pooh (2007–2010) as Rabbit
- Who Saves The Village? (2005) as Ol Blue
- Kingdom Hearts II (video game, 2005) as Rabbit
- Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie (2005) as Rabbit
- Pooh's Heffalump Movie (2005) as Rabbit
- Piglet's Big Movie (2003) as Rabbit
- The Tigger Movie (2000) as Rabbit
- Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (1997) as Rabbit
- Boo to You Too! Winnie the Pooh (1996) as Rabbit
- Tale Spin (1 episode, 1990) as Ralph Throgmorton
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (78 episodes, 1988–1991) as Rabbit, Stan Woozle, Piglet Look-Alike & Store Clerk
- The Wizard of Oz (TV series, 1990)
- Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School (1988) as Ned
- The Chipmunk Adventure (1987) as Inspector Jamal
- Murder She Wrote (3 episodes, 1985–1986)
- Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1985) as Magreb/Tactical Robot
- The Transformers (13 episodes, 1984–1985) as Hound
- The Littles (1983-1985) as Dr. Hunter and Peterson
- Nutcracker Fantasy (1979)
- Banjo the Woodpile Cat (1979) as Banjo's father
- Days of Our Lives (1 episode, 1976)
- Charlie's Angels (1 episode, 1976)
- Herbie Rides Again (1974)
- The Sting (1973)
- The Long Goodbye (1973)
- Mayberry R.F.D. (3 episodes, 1970–1971)
- The Brady Bunch (1 episode, 1971)
- "Utah actor Ken Sansom, voice of ‘Pooh’s’ Rabbit, dies at 85". The Salt Lake Tribune. 2012-10-11. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- "Utah actor Ken Sansom, voice of 'Pooh's' Rabbit, dies at 85". The Salt Lake Tribune. October 11, 2012. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- Minovitz, Ethan (October 12, 2012). "Animation Voice Ken Sansom, Winnie the Pooh’s Rabbit, dies at 85". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Meet the Voice of Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh". Newport Television. 2010-08-24. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- Famous Mormon Actors, Producers and Directors