Ken Stone (fighter)
|Born||October 8, 1982|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Reach||71 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Coconut Creek, Florida|
|Team||American Top Team|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|University||Bridgewater State University|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Kenneth Alan Stone (born October 8, 1982) is an American mixed martial artist. A professional MMA competitor since 2007, Stone had fought mostly in regional promotions on the east coast, before signing with Zuffa.
Stone wrestled collegiately at Bridgewater State University from 2001-2004. He began training in mixed martial arts in 2006 and turned professional the following year. He was an assistant coach for Holliston High Wrestling team from 2005-2007.
Stone started his mixed martial arts career on the regional circuit winning his first eight professional bouts, finishing all of his opponents, before dropping a five round split decision loss to Jason McLean, during which he suffered a broken foot in the second round. After fighting McLean, Ken made a decision to move down from featherweight to bantamweight weight class division.
World Extreme Cagefighting
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Stone was expected to face Edwin Figueroa on June 22, 2012 at UFC on FX 4. However, Figueroa was forced out of the bout with an injury and replaced by Francisco Rivera. However, Rivera pulled out of the bout due to an injury and was replaced by Dustin Pague. Stone defeated Pague via split decision.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|15 matches||11 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||11–4||Erik Perez||KO (punches)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||1||0:17||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||11–3||Dustin Pague||Decision (split)||UFC on FX: Maynard vs. Guida||June 22, 2012||3||5:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||10–3||Donny Walker||Technical Submission (rear naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Shields vs. Ellenberger||September 17, 2011||1||2:26||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||9–3||Scott Jorgensen||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale||June 4, 2011||1||4:01||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||9–2||Eddie Wineland||KO (slam)||WEC 53||December 16, 2010||1||2:11||Glendale, Arizona, United States|
|Win||9–1||Jason Bennett||Submission (guillotine choke)||AFO: Halloween Havoc 2||October 8, 2010||1||2:37||Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States|
|Loss||8–1||Jason McLean||Decision (split)||AFO: Summer Bash||June 5, 2009||5||5:00||Braintree, Massachusetts, United States||AFO Featherweight Title Defense|
|Win||8–0||Eddie Felix||Submission (rear-naked choke)||AFO: Night of Champions||April 11, 2009||1||1:54||Braintree, Massachusetts, United States||Ken won the AFO Featherweight Title|
|Win||7–0||Nam Nguyen||TKO (punches)||AFO: New Year's Redemption||January 3, 2009||1||3:30||Braintree, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||6–0||Chris Simmons||Submission (guillotine choke)||United States Fight League: War in the Woods 4||September 13, 2008||2||1:30||Ledyard, Connecticut, United States|
|Win||5–0||Ethan Kean||TKO (punches)||World Championship Fighting 3||June 20, 2008||1||0:33||Wilmington, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||4–0||Joe Camacho||TKO (punches)||Battle Cage Xtreme 4||April 19, 2008||1||2:51||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||3–0||Daniel Duarte||Submission (rear-naked choke)||World Championship Fighting 2||February 8, 2008||1||1:46||Wilmington, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||2–0||Ben Manseau||Submission (guillotine choke)||CZ 24: Renaissance||October 13, 2007||1||0:30||Revere, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||1–0||Josh Spearman||TKO (punches)||WFL 18: Calloway Cup 6||August 4, 2007||1||1:54||Revere, Massachusetts, United States|
- "Ken Stone inks with WEC, debuts in December". bostonherald.com. November 6, 2010.
- "Eddie Wineland to Meet Ken Stone at WEC 53". mmafighting.com. November 9, 2010.
- "UFC and WEC set to merge in 2011; events to air on Versus and Spike TV". mmajunkie.com. October 28, 2010.
- "Scott Jorgensen Faces Ken Stone At TUF 13 Finale". heavy.com. February 14, 2011.
- "Ken Stone vs. Donny Walker added to UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans". mmajunkie.com. 2011-07-10.
- "Ken Stone out of UFC on FX 1 main-card bout due to injury". mmajunkie.com. January 3, 2012.
- "Ken Stone vs. Edwin Figueroa added to UFC on FX 4 in Atlantic City". mmajunkie.com. 2012-04-07.
- Martin, Damon (June 6, 2012). "Francisco Rivera vs. Ken Stone Set for UFC on FX 4". mmaweekly.com.
- "Dustin Pague in for injured Francisco Rivera meets Ken Stone at UFC on FX 4". mmajunkie.com. June 15, 2012.
- "Ken Stone meets Erik Perez in bantamweight bout at UFC 150 in Denver". mmajunkie.com. July 14, 2012.