Weatherwax as Pugsley Addams, 1964
|Born||Kenneth Patrick Weatherwax
September 29, 1955
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Died||December 7, 2014
West Hills, California, U.S.
Cause of death
Kenneth Patrick Weatherwax (September 29, 1955 – December 7, 2014) billed as "Ken" Weatherwax and nicknamed Kenny was an American child actor, best known for having played Pugsley Addams on the original The Addams Family black-and-white television series and reprised the role in the television movie Halloween with the New Addams Family.
Weatherwax, who was born in 1955 at Los Angeles, California, played Pugsley Addams on the original The Addams Family television series. After The Addams Family was canceled, Weatherwax found it difficult to get work in Hollywood (a common occurrence for child actors) and was typecast as Pugsley well into his teens. At 17, Weatherwax entered the U.S. Army.
Weatherwax died on December 7, 2014, of a heart attack at his home in West Hills, California, at the age of 59.
His aunt was Ruby Keeler. His half-brother, Joey D. Vieira, also known as Donald Keeler, played "Porky" on the first three seasons of TV's Lassie, beginning in 1954. Frank and Rudd Weatherwax, Lassie's trainers, and owners of the first dog to play the role, were Ken's uncles.
- Barnes, Mike (December 8, 2014). "Ken Weatherwax, Who Played Pugsley on TV’s 'Addams Family,' Dies at 59 (Report)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "Ken Weatherwax, Pugsley on ‘The Addams Family,’ Dies at 59". Variety. December 8, 2014. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- Parker, Ryan (8 December 2014). "'The Addams Family' star Ken Weatherwax dead at 59". Los Angeles Times.
- "Ken Weatherwax, Pugsley on ‘The Addams Family,’ Dies at 59". New York Times. Associated Press. December 9, 2014. Archived from the original on December 9, 2014. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- "Ken Weatherwax, Pugsley Of The Addams Family, Dies After Suffering Heart Attack At 59". inquisitr.com. December 9, 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2014.