Kenai Municipal Airport
|Kenai Municipal Airport|
|IATA: ENA – ICAO: PAEN – FAA LID: ENA|
|Owner||City of Kenai|
|Elevation AMSL||99 ft / 30 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
- Note: "Paen" is also its own word, with the meaning of: "A song or hymn of praise, joy, or triumph...".
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 96,565 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 82,277 enplanements in 2009, and 86,857 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Kenai Municipal Airport covers an area of 1,200 acres (486 ha) at an elevation of 99 feet (30 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 1L/19R with a 7,830 by 150 feet (2,387 x 46 m) asphalt pavement and 1R/19L with a 2,000 by 60 feet (610 x 18 m) gravel surface. It also has a seaplane landing area designated 1W/19W which measures 4,600 by 252 feet (1,402 x 77 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 1, 2011, the airport had 40,178 aircraft operations, an average of 110 per day: 58% air taxi, 32% general aviation, 8% military, and 3% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 61 aircraft based at this airport: 88.5% single-engine and 11.5% multi-engine.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service:
|Grant Aviation||Anchorage, Valdez|
|1||Anchorage, AK||82,000||Era Alaska, Grant|
- FAA Airport Master Record for ENA ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Kenai Municipal Airport, official web site
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective September 18, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Kenai Municipal (ENA), effective September 18, 2014
- Resources for this airport: