March 27, 1974 |
Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Known for||CEO and founder of Kendra Scott Design, Inc.|
Scott first moved to Austin at the age of nineteen and started her first company, a small hat store in the mall called Hat Box. Scott designed hats for people undergoing chemotherapy, to be "comfortable but stylish."
Kendra Scott Design
In 2002 Kendra Scott started her company Kendra Scott Design, Inc. Scott created and sold jewelry to local stores. Kendra Scott Jewelry is now available in over 800 stores internationally. The corporate headquarters are located in Austin, Texas. Kendra Scott has stores in Dallas, Texas, Newport Beach, California, Houston, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Scottsdale, Arizona.
In 2012, Kendra Scott Design, Inc. was named the number one Fastest Growing Company in Austin in their under $10 million category at the Austin Business Journal's Fast 50 Awards.
Awards and recognition
Scott was listed as a "Fashion Influencer" in the Pantone Fashion Color Report in 2013 and 2014. Scott won an Austin Under 40 Award in the Business & Entrepreneurship category and was named the Austinite of the Year at the 2013 Austin Under 40 Awards. She was given the Lady Bird Johnson Humanitarian of the Year Award at Luminaria 2013.
Kendra appeared on the cover of So Scottsdale magazine in February 2013.
- Pope, Colin. "Kendra Scott, Founder and CEO, Kendra Scott Design". Profile (Austin Business Journal). Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Ford, Lauren Smith. "The 10 Austinites of the Year: Kendra Scott". Feature. Tribeza. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Pope, Colin. "Austin's most influential women: 2012 Profiles in Power winners". Austin Business Journal. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Bandy, Jessie. "Jeweler Kendra Scott Opens Flagship Store in Austin". Shopping, Style + Fashion. Travel and Leisure. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Lewis, Raha (11 August 2011). "Hilary Duff, Nikki Lund help launch Kendra Scott on Rodeo Drive". All the Rage (Los Angeles Times). Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Austin's Fast 50 winners strike a pose".
- "Fashion advice and pantone colors for Fall 2013 - Pantone Fashion Color Report Fall 2013".
- "Kendra Scott of CEO and founder, KENDRA SCOTT Jewelry discusses home decor and paint color in the Fall 2014 Pantone Fashion Color Report.".
- Pope, Colin."2013 Austin Under 40 Winners" Austin Business Journal. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "Luminaria 2013" KXAN. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Ramsey, Raya. "Champagne & Cupcakes at Kendra Scott to Benefit Lauren Scruggs". ShopTalk. D Magazine. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Siva, Lisa. "Kendra Scott". Style Pick. Tribeza. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Ortiz, Erik. "NY1 anchor Pat Kiernan to co-host CNBC Prime's 'Crowd Rules' reality competitionhttp://www.nydailynews.com/ny1-pat-kiernan-co-host-cnbc-crowd-rules-article-1.1307581|NY1 anchor Pat Kiernan to co-host CNBC Prime's 'Crowd Rules' reality competition] NY Daily News. Retrieved 15 May 2013]"
- "Kendra Scott's Holiday Crafts for Kids". On the Show. Rachael Ray. Retrieved 26 October 2012.