Kenilworth and Southam (UK Parliament constituency)
|Kenilworth and Southam|
|for the House of Commons|
Boundary of Kenilworth and Southam in Warwickshire.
Location of Warwickshire within England.
|Electorate||63,772 (December 2010)|
|Member of Parliament||Jeremy Wright (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Rugby & Kenilworth|
|European Parliament constituency||West Midlands|
Following their review of Parliamentary representation in Warwickshire, the Boundary Commission created a new constituency, pairing Kenilworth and Southam and breaking the Parliamentary link between Rugby and Kenilworth established in 1983.
- From Rugby - Dunchurch and Knightlow, Leam Valley and Ryton-on-Dunsmore
- From Warwick - Abbey, Cubbington, Lapworth, Leek Wootton, Park Hill, Radford Semele, St John’s and Stoneleigh
- From Stratford-upon-Avon - Burton Dassett, Fenny Compton, Harbury, Kineton, Long Itchington, Southam, Stockton and Napton and Wellesbourne
The new seat is overwhelmingly rural and intertwined with the countryside in nature, most properties having large plots and a substantial majority being semi-detached or detached. This is geographically one of the largest in the West Midlands and one of its safest Conservative seats.
The historic town of Kenilworth, with a population of around 20,000 is the only settlement of any significant size, while there are plenty of small villages, hamlets and farms and the ancient and prosperous little town of Southam.
Members of Parliament
|General Election 2010 
Turnout: 48,431 (81.2%) +11.0
Majority: 12,552 (25.9%) +1.1
Swing: +8.4[n 3]% from Lab to Lib Dem
|Nigel Rock||Liberal Democrat||13,393||27.7||+5.6|
Notes and references
- A county constituency (for the purposes of election expenses and type of returning officer)
- As with all constituencies, the constituency elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election at least every five years.
- The Labour-Conservative swing (as nominal runners up in the last vote) was +7.2%
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- 2011 census interactive maps
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "K" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "UK > England > West Midlands > Kenilworth & Southam". Election 2010. BBC. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 10 May 2010.