Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
|Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō|
Promotional artwork for Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō
|Written by||Mitsuru Hattori|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||July 2005 – April 2008|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kōichirō Sōtome|
|Written by||Mamiko Ikeda|
|Network||Chiba TV, Animax|
|Original run||July 4, 2007 – September 26, 2007|
Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō (ケンコー全裸系水泳部 ウミショー?, lit. Wholesome Nudist Swim Team Umishō) is a manga series written and illustrated by Mitsuru Hattori, which has been serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine from issue 33 of 2005 to issue 21-22 of 2008. It has been adapted into an anime TV series, directed by Kōichirō Sōtome and written by Mamiko Ikeda, which premiered in Japan on numerous television stations from July 2007, and a video game.
Within the Kanagawa prefecture lies the seaside city of Umineko. There, Okiura Kaname, 2nd year high school student, attends Umineko Shōgyō High School (海猫商業高等学校 Umineko Shōgyō Kōtō Gakkō?, lit. Umineko Commercial High School), or Umisho for short. He is also the manager of the Umisho's swim team though he himself doesn't know how to swim. In fact, he is afraid of the water stemming from an incident which occurred some years ago. While he was at the beach, he had nearly drowned when a 'mermaid' pulled him under the water. He joined the school's swimming club in order to learn how to swim, but the club is filled with weirdos, who don't teach him swimming.
One day, a floating house arrives at the shores of Umisho bearing two persons. One of these is a cheerful, sunny, happy-go-lucky girl named Ninagawa Amuro, a transfer student to Umisho, and the other is her father. Her incredible swimming speed makes her an instant hit with the swimming club, but Okiura is surprised, as she reminds him of the mermaid he saw only once in his early childhood. After her floating house is destroyed during a storm she moves to Kaname's house.
- Amuro Ninagawa (蜷川 あむろ Ninagawa Amuro?) Voiced by: Aki Toyosaki
- Second year student, and a new transfer student from the Daito Islands, Okinawa at Umishō. Despite her being a dedicated and skilled swimmer, she finds difficulties in performing at competitions due to her not being used to the rules and environment of professional swimming (for instance, in her first attempt at swimming in a pool, she bumped her head on the pool's edge on the opposite end from where she started, and cried for some time from the headache, since she was used to swimming in the open ocean). Among her other uncommon habits, she prefers swimming nude, and has no shame of doing so, especially Kaname. The X's she wears on her head where given to her by her grandmother and is so dedicated to the story her grandmother told her about if she was to lose them, she actually suffers the symptoms that were later explained by her father that his mother "made them all up". She has deep feelings for Kaname, and in the end of the series, she surprises him with a kiss. In the Manga, she and Kaname get married, have a son and are seen wandering the sea together.
- Kaname Okiura (沖浦 要 Okiura Kaname?) Voiced by: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Second year student, and the swimming team's manager. He had a traumatic experience involving a creature he describes as a mermaid during his childhood, and after which he has been afraid of swimming ever since. However this scenario started to change after Amuro's arrival at Umishō. Always in trouble due to Amuro's unpredictable behavior, he usually denies his growing feelings for her. In the last episode it is revealed that she is the "mermaid" that he saw when he was a kid, but she wasn't trying to drown him. Instead she was trying to save him from drowning as he slipped off the rock he was standing on. The anime series ends with her surprising him with a kiss, while the manga series ends with him married to her with a son and wandering on the sea just like when he just met her.
- Momoko Orizuka (織塚 桃子 Orizuka Momoko?) Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame
- Third year student, and vice-captain of the swimming team. The most rational and serious character, she serves as the straight man of most characters and can't stand the antics of Ikariya. Just after meeting Amuro, she realizes her hidden potential and recruits her to the swimming team, after challenging her to a match and being impressed with her speed in the water. She ends up being a grade school teacher.
- Maki Ikuta (生田 蒔輝 Ikuta Maki?) Voiced by: Ai Shimizu
- A first year student, nicknamed Makio (マキオ?). Too small for her age, she is usually mistaken as a junior high student. Despite being a member of the swimming team, she is still learning how to properly swim by taking lessons from Kaname. She later teams up with Nanako because both of them have small breasts.
- Masa Ikariya ( 碇矢 雅 Ikariya Masa?) Voiced by: Makoto Yasumura
- Team Captain, nicknamed Ikamasa. Third year, muscle-bound, and obsessed with shaving his and other people's body hair, and with wearing revealing Speedo bikini swim suits. He is, in fact, the most annoying character of the swim team, driving most of the characters crazy from his antics. It is stated by Sanae that the only reason he is the captain is because she and Momoko needed three students to start the swim club, and just dragged him in. However, due to her tendency to make up stories this might not be true. By the end of the manga series, he becomes a bar owner and promises Orizuka that his bar will always remain opened whenever she wants to complain about her students.
- Mirei Shizuoka (静岡 みれい Shizuoka Mirei?) Voiced by: Yukari Fukui
- A second year. Admired by the boys, she is very self-conscious when people stare at her. Her secret promiscuity is a recurring gag in the series: she wears skimpy lingerie under her clothes, she has a collection of kokeshis (Japanese dolls) in her bedroom and although she doesn't like people looking at her, she likes to look at members of the opposite sex or anything that resembles them (ie a giant statue or a large horn). It's revealed when Kaname goes to her house that apparently she got this sexual behavior from her parents, who often engage in sexual roleplay. She is a very skilled swimmer as she almost won the Kantou Tournament in 200 meters the year before the series starts. Her grandfather is the creator of the Shizu Group. She also has feelings for Kaname, however it is uncertain.
- Maaya Nanako (魚々戸 真綾 Nanako Maaya?) Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi
- First year student. A famous swimmer and model who transfers to Umishō in order to get close to Kaname, for whom she has had a crush since childhood. She considers Amuro as a rival and competes with her for Kaname's attention. She has a noticeable small fang and wears a swimsuit different from the rest of the team. Like Maki she has small breasts, and has a huge contempt for girls with big breasts like Amuro and Shizuka. She forms an "Alliance" with Maki to help make their breasts grow.
- Sanae Kise (黄瀬 早苗 Kise Sayane?) Voiced by: Ryōko Shintani
- A third year student. A co-founder of Umisho's swimming club and Orizuka's childhood friend. Usually tends to bring trouble to those around her. She also makes up stories and lies just to tease others, and to also gain other guys attention.
- Chigusa Yasu (安 千草 Yasu Chigusa?) Voiced by: Yūka Iguchi
- A first year.
- Kaori Himekawa (姫川 佳織 Himekawa Kaori?) Voiced by: Ayumi Murata
- A second year, and one of the members of the swimming team.
- Yamana Yoshizawa (吉澤 やまな Yoshizawa Yamana?) Voiced by: Yukiko Monden
- A second year.
- Asami Oyamada (小山田 麻美 Oyamada Asami?)
- A second year.
- Keiko Nakamura (中村 恵子 Nakamura Keiko?)
- A second year.
- Yasuyo Nara (奈良 保代 Nara Yasuyo?)
- A second year.
- Miku Nagira (凪良 みく Nagira Miku?)
- A second year.
- Akira Koshiba (小柴あきら Koshiba Akira?)
- A first year.
- Takeda Seito (武田 聖斗 Seito Takeda?)
- A second year, and another pervert of the swimming club. Likes girls with big breasts, and out of almost all of the girls in the swimming club, he takes the most interest in Shizuka.
- Tsunumi Isao (堤 勲 Isao Tsunumi?)
- A second year.
- Tobe Jun (戸部 純 Jun Tobe?)
- A first or second year, and another perverted member of the swimming club. He wears large glasses and is quite intelligent. His choice of swimsuit, like Ikuta, is a speedo(albeit more modest).
- A manga only character. He is the personal trainer of Maaya and also happens to be a top model featured in weekly column in swimming magazine. He actually happened to only be Maaya's coach so that he could get close to Okiura, her childhood friend because he really wanted to be his coach. He actually has zero interest in girls and those is in truth he is a homosexual as he says this out loud in front of everyone.
- Taku Ikariya
- A manga only character. He is the younger brother of Masa and competes in the same tournament as his brother (even in the same events as him). He has also been said to look like his brother only cooler looking (he even is better at swimming and studying then his brother). He also happened to be on the same swimming team as Momoko and Masa in elementary and middle school. He seems to have a crush on Momoko and they seem to get along as well. He goes to Shogyo all-boys senior high school. He seems to have a rivalry with his brother for Momoko's attention.
- First volume: released January 17, 2006, ISBN 4-06-363618-6
- Second volume: released April 17, 2006, ISBN 4-06-363662-3
- Third volume: released August 17, 2006, ISBN 4-06-363710-7
- Fourth volume: released December 15, 2006, ISBN 4-06-363764-6
- Fifth volume: released April 17, 2007, ISBN 978-4-06-363820-2
- Sixth volume: released July 17, 2007, ISBN 978-4-06-363855-4
- Seventh volume: released October 17, 2007, ISBN 978-4-06-363902-5
- Eighth volume: released March 15, 2008, ISBN 978-4-06-363966-7
- Ninth volume: released June 17, 2008, ISBN 978-4-06-362114-3
The series has been adapted into an anime television series, which premiered in Japan from July 3, 2007 on Chiba TV, Tokyo MX, and numerous other UHF television stations. Animated by Artland, it is being directed by Kōichirō Sōtome and written by Mamiko Ikeda.
- Original Creator: Mitsuru Hattori
- Planning: Hiroaki Morita, Yoshirō Kataoka
- Series Composition: Mamiko Ikeda
- Character Design and Chief Animation Director: Rie Nishino
- Art Director: Chikako Shibata
- Color Designs: Tomoko Yamazaki
- Photography Director: Satoshi Fujita
- Editing: Hiromasa Mastumura
- Sound Director: Kazuya Tanaka
- Music: Yasumasa Satō
- Music Producers: Michiko Koyanagi
- Music Production: 5pb.
- Sound Effects: Noriko Izumo (Suwara Production)
- Sound Studio: Delfi Sound, Seion Studio
- Sound Production: DAX Production
- Promotion: Tomoko Hasegawa, Teruhiko Satō, Katsunori Takahashi, Yuri Koya
- Associate Producers: Noriko Doi, Tetsuko Otani
- Producers: Bunpei Ogawa, Hiroyuki Ōmori
- Executive Producer: Hidenobu Watanabe
- Director: Kōichirō Sōtome
- Animation Production: Artland
- Production: Umishō Production Committee (Geneon Entertainment, Marvelous Entertainment, 5pb., Pony Canyon Enterprise)
|#||Title||Original air date|
|July 4, 2007|
|This introduces the characters and the setting. On the beach, Momoko Orizuka and Kaname Okiura are relaxing when a houseboat comes in. On that houseboat is Amuro Ninagawa. She is holding a 3-foot-long (0.91 m) shark in her hand. She comes in and offers the shark to Momoko. Momoko refuses, saying she doesn't like a dead shark. Amuro says the shark is still alive. It then springs to life in Amuro's hand and tries to bite Momoko, but ends up tearing Momoko's swimsuit top off. Then Amuro dives into ocean, seemingly vanishing, only to emerge some distance into the waters within seconds, impressing everyone, especially Momoko.|
|02||"I Might Be... Interested..."
"Kyōmi... Aru... Kamo..." (興味････ある･･かも･･･)
|July 11, 2007|
|Amuro is introduced to the swim team after being invited to join by Orizuka. Amuro meets the rest of the Umisho swim team members; she mistakes Makio for a middle-school student, for example, and makes a note of Shizuoka's chest size (much to Shizuoka's embarrassment). Ikamasa introduces himself in typically embarrassing fashion. The next day, Amuro and a reluctant Kaname walk to school together (they are neighbors) and this causes some comment among the rest of the school. Swim practice is show to be, at best, unproductive. The normally shy Shizuoka keeps saying things to Kaname that could be misinterpreted. On the way home that day, Amuro discovers a new local celebrity by accident.|
|03||"I'll Show You!"
|July 18, 2007|
|The team attends the local "tri-meet" swim competition in a neighboring town, and is showing poorly (all the boys finish in last place). When it is Amuro's turn (50m Freestyle), she easily outpaces the other swimmers but is disqualified as no one had told her that she had to surface after 15 meters. Umisho ends up in last place in the meet. After the meet, there is time for a break from school activities and while Kaname would like to spend the time playing video games, Amuro shows up and drags Kaname to the beach -- partially to show Kaname her new string bikini! Kaname wonders whether or not they are on a date. At the beach, they meet up with Ikamasa who is busy pranking beachgoers in a realistic shark costume. He, too, asks if Kaname and Amuro are on a date. In a postscript to the episode, Ikamasa is having trouble focusing on the upcoming swim meet as his family Japanese restaurant is experiencing competition from a trendy new eatery next door. The team tries to come up with ideas to help, eventually settling on having the female swim team members wait tables in their swimsuits -- an idea rather surprisingly suggested by Shizuoka. This goes over rather well with the male clientele (although not so much with the girls) and the restaurant is profitable as never before. The girls are roped into a second evening waiting tables but it all starts to go wrong when Ikamasa and his father get greedy...|
|04||"I'm Going to Show You"
"Misete Agerunda kara" (見せてあげるんだから)
|July 25, 2007|
|After the team's poor showing at the Tri-Meet, vice-captain Orizuka decides that what the team needs to succeed is teamwork, and a training camp is just the thing. Typically, the training itself starts out like just another practice with much goofing-off and little actual practice. Orizuka becomes enraged and begins to whip the team into shape but all this changes when she is fed a "poisonous" mushroom from Ikamasa's backyard grill (!). She soon begins to act oddly, stripping off her swimsuit! When Ikamasa (the ostensible team captain) is told to stop her -- he joins her instead. After the practice the girls adjourn to the bath (where Orizuka claims not to remember a thing), they are not joined by Shizuoka who is hiding a secret. She goes to the bath after the girls are finished, but the boys are next in line for the bath and Shizuoka is in danger of being caught -- when the power at the school suddenly goes out due to a storm. Meanwhile, some of the girls have gone to Amuro's house for snacks and are trapped there by the same storm -- which washes Amuro's houseraft (with Amuro, Makio and Orizuka on board) out to sea!|
|05||"Do You Want Mine, Too?"
"Atashi no mo hoshii" (あたしのもほしい)
|August 1, 2007|
|With their houseraft wrecked by the storm, Amuro and her father are invited by Kaname's parents to stay at their house until repairs can be made. While initially interested in having a girl living at his place, Kaname soon becomes infuriated at Amuro's lack of understanding about privacy and her total lack of modesty. The next morning, Kaname and Amuro are accompanied on a morning walk to a local temple by Amuro's father who is in need of building materials. Amuro's father begins to take items from the temple itself, to Kaname's horror. We see Shizuoka in the temple itself, learning that she goes there to look at the statuary. She hides from Amuro, who barges into the temple with Kaname in tow and Amuro proceeds to eat the temple offerings. She is discovered when she overhears Amuro and Kaname and totally misunderstands their conversation. Later, Kaname tells Amuro off for being so carefree. Amuro runs away and while chasing her, Kaname runs into Amuro's father who fills Kaname in on some of Amuro's troubled background. When he cannot find Amuro, Kaname recruits Orizuka, Makio and Ikamasa to help in the search.|
|August 8, 2007|
|The Ninogawa houseraft reconstruction is proceeding smoothly. On the way to school, Amuro meets Maaya Nanako, a model and competitive swimmer. They are soon surrounded by a crowd which includes Kaname, who apparently was childhood friends with Maaya (although they have differing memories of said childhood). She has transferred to Umishou and will be on the swim team. It soon becomes apparent that Maaya is a master manipulator, particularly of men, although Kaname is apparently immune. At swim practice, Maaya soon has the other male members of the team wrapped around her finger. Because of her own inadequate feelings compared to the other female members of the team (who are all bustier than she is), she convinces the boys to build a new changing room for her alone. It all goes rather poorly for then entire team.|
|August 15, 2007|
|There's only one week left until the Prefectural swim tournament. But there's a problem; Amuro has lost one of the "X"s she wears on her head. Given to her by her grandmother, Amuro was warned that she was to wear them all the time and Amuro would be cursed if they were lost. Amuro is basically unable to function without it. The X was blown off her head by a gust of wind as she was diving into the pool, and a merry chase ensues as the team chases down the X so that Amuro will be able to compete. It finally lands on Maaya (who was skipping practice) and she throws it away in a fit of jealousy when informed that it belongs to Amuro. Fearing the X lost for good, the team tries many options to replace the X so that Amuro will feel better. Of course, none work so the team, prompted by Kaname, decides to resume the search. Along the way, Shizuoka finds something she really wants, Sanae finds someone she really wants, and the team must finally resort to going to a temple to ask for divine intervention...|
|08||"Take A Good Look"
"Yo~ku Mitenasai" (よ〜く見てなさい)
|August 22, 2007|
|The Prefectural tournament is the next day. Orizuka orders the team to have a good rest in preparation, and the team breaks for the day. However, Ikamasa requests that the boys come to a meeting that evening in the girls' club room. However, the meeting has nothing to do with swimming; Ikamasa has always dreamt of playing Mahjongg in the girls' room and since the girls won't be back until morning, now was his chance. The boys realize that they have never been in the girls' change room and, since the girls are less than kind to the boys, they decide (against Kaname's wishes) do a little exploring. This does not go over well with Orizuka, who discovers them the next morning. On the day of the tournament, Orizuka is challenged by her old rival Nanjou Karena from Shinomiya University High School who has bested Orizuka at all their previous meetings. The Shinomiya girls have a strong team, but Orizuka is convinced that Umishou is just as strong. However, the on the boys side there is somewhat less enthusiasm. As the girls' events unfold, Umishou beats Shinomiya in five straight events but with Orizuka, Amuro and Nanjou all competing in the 100m Freestyle finals, Nanjou comes up with a little bet to make things more interesting...|
|09||"Help Me Forget..."
|August 29, 2007|
|The Umishou team had a good showing at the Prefectural tournament, with seven swimmers progressing to the Kantou tournament. However, Orizuka is forced to go to the student council to have the swim team's budget increased for the trip. In the meantime,on their walk home from school, Sanae explains to Makio, Amiuro and Kaname that it would be easier to increase the budget if they had an adult advisor. In her own way, Sanae tells how she, Orizuka, Ikamasa and an adult coach formed the swim team. Kaname, who has heard Sanae tell this story before, says the story has changed since the last time he heard it. However, he has not heard why the coach left, and Sanae continues with more than a bit of a yuri twist. However, Orizuka meets up with the trio (while Sanae sneaks away) and tells her own version of the story, correcting Sanae's version on more than a few points. In an episode postscript, Makio proposes that the team get an Internet homepage. After a false start it becomes wildly successful once Makio sees what people are looking for on the Internet...|
"Nyū Nyū?" (にゅうにゅう?)
|September 5, 2007|
|It's time for the Ono Island Summer Festival. Amuro and Kaname are enjoying the sights when they are mey by Maaya, who insists that Kaname spend the festival with her instead of Amuro. However, Kaname still has bad recollections of Maaya bullying her as a child. His refusal is interpreted by Maaya as an insult towards her small bust size and she runs off. Kaname and Amuro are then joined by the rest of the female members of the team, while the angry Maaya is met by Makio. Makio confesses to Maaya that she is also concerned about her small bust and that she "would just once like to zip through the wind with her boobs". While she initially dismisses the idea, Maaya becomes intrigued when Makio tells her about a "secret technique" to increase bust size, and the duo retires to the ladies' room. Meanwhile, the rest of the members find Ikamasa manning his father's fishing booth at the festival. While the fish are expensive (Ikamasa's father will cook any fish caught) the games are rigged. That is for everyone except for Amuro. Through a turn of events Kaname finds himself competing against Amuro and her father at a watermelon eating contest. Back at the ladies' room, Maaya and Makio corner Shizuoka on why her bust is so large. We return to the watermelon-eating contest where Kaname is determined to win -- the penalty for losing is a drop into a dunk tank! The episode post-script follows male swim team members Takeda, Tsunime and Jun through the festival on their quest to meet "cute girls". The girls they meet, however, are not who they expected...|
|11||"Could It Be..."
"Masaka no..." (まさかの････)
|September 12, 2007|
|It's a week to the Kantou tournament. Maaya gives the team an idea: if they win, Kaname is to do anything the swimmers tell him to do because, after all, "managers have it easy". While initially reluctant, Kaname eventually agrees as it will help with team morale. The team makes it through a weeks' training and arrives at the hotel at Kantou. They discover that the hotel has an open-air bath. The Umishou team is surprised by the appearance of Nanjou and the Shinomiya team who immediately challenge them to a contest: the first team whose members all stand up from the hot spring must shave their "under hairs"...in front of the losing team! The next day is the preliminary swim meet but the female team members of both Umishou and Shinomiya are suffering somewhat from the previous night's competition -- prolonged exposure to the heat of the bath has sapped the team members of their energy and all place poorly. Most affected is Maaya, who is crushed by her seventh-place showing and runs away. However, Shizuoka finds her by accident and gives Maaya a pep talk to bring her around and show that losing is not the end of the world.|
"Oma Oma~" (おまっおま〜♪)
|September 19, 2007|
|It's the second day of the Kantou tournament. Renergized, the team begins to come together again and scores several victories in the preliminaries. Amuro reminds Kaname of the promise he made: if the team members win their events, he is to do whatever they tell him to. Takeda suggests to Kaname that Amuro might want a kiss. Amuro spots the members of the Tamatsuka Academy team who will be competing against Umishou in the Medley Relay preliminaries. Tamatsuka has a large contingent and Amuro is greeted warmly (very warmly) by the leader of the team. Amuro then discovers that there is free swim practice and dives straight into the pool where she collides with the Tamatsuka swimmer -- who doesn't seem to recognize her and runs away. Chasing the swimmer into the change room, Amuro catches her again, but this time the girl is on a mobile and ignores Amuro completely. Confused, Amuro leaves the ladies room and again collides with the Tamatsuka swimmer -- coming from the opposite direction as the one who had just left. All is revealed at the start of the Medley Relay: the Tamatsuka competitors are quadruplets! However, the Tamatsuka team has another trick up their sleeves: the cheering section is actually a choir and they begin to sing the school song to synchronize their swimmers. Ikamasa gets the wrong idea from this and just begins to sing as a way to cheer; Makio and Amuro quickly follow suit singing whatever they feel like. As the swimmers come toward the final leg, Shizuoka catches up to the Tamatsuka team, but Orizuka (swimming anchor leg) is late to leave. To make matters worse, she suffers a leg cramp. Finally, the Umishou team gets it together singing the Ono Island Dance Song. This (plus a surprise from Ikariya) is enough to throw off the Tamatsuka singers and Orizuka has a chance to catch up. It is a pyrrhic victory, however, as Orizuka's cramp turned into a pulled muscle which not only knocks her out of the medley competition but has a chance of endangering her swimming career...|
|September 26, 2007|
|It's the Medley Relay Finals! Amuro has been chosen to replace Orizuka on the team. At the end of the first leg, Umishou, Tamatsuka and Shinomiya are neck and neck. Sanae, swimming breast stroke, falls behind Tamatsuka and Shinomaya into seventh place. However, Shizuoka, swimming butterfly, quickly gains several places and Amuro is set as anchor with her signature, unique "mermaid" style. Miraculously, she catches the other teams and pulls out a come-from-behind victory. With this win as the basis, several more swimmers (including Ikariya) make it to the Inter-High competition. For Sanae and Orizuka, the episode ends with them reflecting on their three years on the Umishou team. For Amuro and Kaname, however, things end differently. Amuro reminds Kaname about the bargain -- he has to do anything she wants. Kaname still believes she will want a kiss, and prepares himself. However, Amuro simply wants to go swimming with Kaname. It is revealed, when Kaname slips into the water accidentally, that Amuro is indeed the mermaid he saw several years before on Okinawa and she saved him when he slipped from the rock on which he was standing. The next day, at practice, everyone else begins to demand their own rewards, and when Amuro asks for hers, Kaname reveals that she got hers already. This causes an uproar and the accusation that the two are dating. Kaname denies it, but when asked by Makio, Amuro simply replies, "you guys found out?". An extended end-credits scene presents a series of stills (essentially scenes from the manga) showing the team traveling to Okinawa for the Inter-High Tournament.|
- Opening theme: "Dolphin☆Jet"
- Lyrics and composition: Chiyomaru Shikura, arrangement: Kōji Ueno, performance: Ayane
- Ending theme: "Splash Blue ~ Sun and Lemonade" (Splash BLUE〜太陽とレモネード Splash BLUE ~ Taiyō to Remonēdo?)
- Lyrics and composition: Urara Takai, arrangement: Kōji Ueno, performance: Ayumi Murata
An internet radio version of the anime series, Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō: Junbi Undō (ケンコー全裸系水泳部 ウミショー 準備運動?), was first streamed on the Japanese websites Ōnsen and BEWE from May 16, 2007 and June 27, 2007. A continuation, Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō: Natsu!! Honban (ケンコー全裸系水泳部 ウミショー 夏!!本番?), began streaming on July 4, 2007. The first version of the series featured Hitomi Nabatame, voice actor of Momoko Orizuka, while the continuation featured Nabatame and Aki Toyosaki, voice actor of Amuro Ninagawa.
5pb inc. published an Umisho game on PlayStation 2, under the 5gk. (The Five Games and Kid) title.
- "ケンコー全裸系水泳部ウミショー" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2007-11-01.
- (Japanese) Mitsuru Hattori's official website
- (Japanese) Weekly Shōnen Magazine's official manga website
- (Japanese) Tokyo MX's official Umishō website
- (Japanese) Umisho video game page
- Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia