Location of Kennedale in Tarrant County, Texas
|• City Council||Mayor Brian Johnson
|• City Manager||Bob Hart|
|• Total||17.1 km2 (6.6 sq mi)|
|• Land||17.1 km2 (6.6 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.0 km2 (0.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||192 m (630 ft)|
|• Density||400/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1339035|
Kennedale is located at (32.650070, -97.218095).
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,850 people, 2,141 households, and 1,616 families residing in the city. The population density was 968.5 people per square mile (374.0/km2). There were 2,241 housing units at an average density of 371.0 per square mile (143.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 88.51% White, 3.45% African American, 0.75% Native American, 0.97% Asian, 4.29% from other races, and 2.02% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.91% of the population.
There were 2,141 households out of which 40.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.2% were married couples living together, 12.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.5% were non-families. 19.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.71 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the city the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 32.5% from 25 to 44, 21.5% from 45 to 64, and 8.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 96.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.2 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $49,091, and the median income for a family was $53,901. Males had a median income of $43,182 versus $25,508 for females. The per capita income for the city was $24,323. About 4.9% of families and 6.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.5% of those under age 18 and 12.4% of those age 65 or over.
Kennedale is served by the Kennedale Independent School District.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Kennedale has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Kennedale city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Kennedale city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Trinity Valley Baptist Seminary, Kennedale, Texas, . . . . Independent, Fundamental, KJV only
- Climate Summary for Kennedale, Texas
- City of Kennedale official website
- Kennedale Independent School District
- Kennedale Junior High School